I like head....but....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkyard brewer

Reaction score
One of my beers I just made, a kit beer California pilsner from Williams Brewing, tastes great, but about half of my beers comes out almost complete head. All are served at the same temp, all came from the same batch, all poured the same, but half, if not most of my beers are solid foam and for the most part wasted.

Any tips?

I put it in my piming tank, and then poured the wort over it. uneven carbonation is my thoughts as well.

What is this gusher infection you speak of?

I think I might be having the same problem. I bottled an ESB kit a little over a week ago. I got curious, popped one over the weekend and beer/head shot out of the bottle. We hadn't refrigerated. It was in the fermentor for 3 weeks.

Is this the same thing that you are seeing? How long did you let your beer bottle condition? Did you get curious like me and see the same thing happen if/when you opened it early?

Thanks. That's a relief. After reading the gusher infection write-up I was starting to second guess myself. Forgot the motto.

Relax (done). Have a homebrew (two more long weeks)

What do you mean overcarb'd?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kuv8F4uORA8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kuv8F4uORA8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

ElScorcho101 said:
I think I might be having the same problem. I bottled an ESB kit a little over a week ago. I got curious, popped one over the weekend and beer/head shot out of the bottle. We hadn't refrigerated. It was in the fermentor for 3 weeks.

Is this the same thing that you are seeing? How long did you let your beer bottle condition? Did you get curious like me and see the same thing happen if/when you opened it early?

yes, and then when I pour it, its straight foam.

A few of my beers are like that. Taste okay to me, just a little too much head. It may have something to do with the ingredients I guess. And it is not overcarbonated, just the head is a lot!

Latest posts

Back