I have Munich Extract and Kent Goldings Hops. What can I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogforce

Reaction score
I recently purchased 1 pound of Kent Goldings hops to use for future recipes. I have some Munich LME from MoreBeer that I need to use. I search for recipes with no luck. What can I make from those ingredients?

Heck that will probably make a pretty good SMaSH! I really like EKG a lot. Try a 60 minute bitter addition with the EKG and a twenty minute addition and some more at fire out. Your choice of yeast will affect the final outcome. If you want more esters try a British yeast and if you want a cleaner beer try some US-05.
I have made a SMaSH using EKG and Golden Promise before and one with Fuggles and Marris Otter. Both of those were really good. I think your ingredients would make a similar tasty brew.

I'd say use 6.6lb. per 5 gallons of that Munich syrup and an ounce of hops at 60 and 20 minutes and a half an ounce at 10 and 0 minutes. Hit it with maybe nottingham yeast and tell us how it tastes!

+1 for the Smash. If you don't want to buy anything, just figure out how much beer you can make around 1.045-1.050 SG depending on how much LME you have.

I say shoot for about 20-25 IBU to balance the munich just right, get some flavoring hops in there at 10-15 minutes and enjoy.

That extract is 50/50 munich and pilsner so it won't really be a smash. But I still think it will be a fine beer.
:mug:

Latest posts

Back