I have ingredients (listed), any recipe suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davejacko

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I need some advise, I have built up a stock of home-brew kits and ingredients and I can't decide what recipe to do next. This will be my third brew, first was a standard Coopers Lager (quite bland), the second was a Coopers Australian Pale Ale that is still bottle conditioning but I had a sneaky taste last week and found it lacking aroma.

So what next? Any suggestions based on what I have below. Would like to try adding some hops tea to a kit this time. Maybe a Coopers APA 2 can?

I want something everybody can enjoy without being too bland. I like IPAs that are under 5% ABV, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

• 2 cans of Coopers Australian Pale Ale
  • 1 can of Coopers Brewmaster India Pale Ale
  • 2 Boxes of Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 (dextrose, maltodextrin and Light Dry Malt)
  • 1Kg of Dextrose
  • 500g Muntons Foil Pack Spraymalt Light
  • 100g Amarillo Hops
  • 100g Cascade Hops

Boil 30G cascade for 40 min with apa, 500G dme & 500G dextrose. Then add 15G or so of amarillo, boil additional 10 min. Cool and continue the kit as usual.
Suggestion; to make any kit beer better use a quality yeast. In this beer I would use Nottingham dry ale yeast

Back