I have been infected

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff48

Reaction score
Hi folks

My son-in-law infected me with this god awful need to brew beer. Beer----- hell I hated beer my whole life. I drank it only when I was desperate and, with the exception of Guinness, hated most of it. Then Ben comes along and sez try this...
Then he sez.... we're coming to town this week, why don't we make a 5 gallon recipe for Sharon (my wife) who does love Blue Moon. He brings up the stuff to make a German Heffenweisse and we cook..... Next two weeks pass and he shows up and sez.... its time to bottle.... we bottle... Then he calls at the end of the week and sez... pop the top on one of those puppies and tell me how it tastes....yeah sure....:( We pop the top and ----WTF--- this stuff tastes pretty damn good....:ban: -- Sharon cuts up an orange and pops it in---damn that's not like anything I ever tasted..... Well check out my signature and you can tell the rest is history.......:mug:

Just wanted to say hi and as a newbie I will probably have tons of questions---

I believe in forums and contribute when I can... Until then folks
Think Young
Be Strong
Brew Beer and Ale
:mug:

Uhhh...is that what's called a "nose-candy post"? Next time, lay off the snow prior to posting. I know you're excited, but damn...;)

By the way, the "infection" is only going to get worse, I promise you that. The 50lb sack of maris otter that sits in my basement is testament to that.

Evan! said:
On goofballs? :D
I love that "bit".

Welcome to the club.
No questions are too dumb (I've asked tons).
All opinions and advice you offer will have rebuttals. (I get shot down at least once a day)
As a NewB, you will be harangued, berated and teased....but still you'll be respected because you brew.

It's all for your own good. It will make you stronger.

Ultimately, you will be a better brewer for it.

BierMuncher said:
Ultimately, you will be a better brewer for it.

That is so true and actually you have already saved my next batch from a problem. Your response about a too high IBU in a Belgian Wit,

http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=31189

made me rethink the IBUs in my Blue Moon clone....good thing too I was running about 10 IBU too high. Thanks for saving the batch....

Jeff48 said:
That is so true and actually you have already saved my next batch from a problem. Your response about a too high IBU in a Belgian Wit,

http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=31189

made me rethink the IBUs in my Blue Moon clone....good thing too I was running about 10 IBU too high. Thanks for saving the batch....
Glad I could help.

Pay it forward.....

yes the infection is a difficult one to get a prescription for your health care provider to pick up...but at least there is support groups for it (HBT)

I've learned a **** ton from here, I'm sure you will too!

Welcome to the community. This is a fantastic wealth of knowledge right here. I got the bug in January this year and the brews are tasting Better and Better. You are now on your way to being an (Sorry peeps just had to say it :D ) E.A.C.

Brew on Brother... Brew on!

Back