I hate the Ducks. Go Stanford...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
False. I was wrong about how many wins they had in the first year of the current year stretch. You simply picked a poll that had them 11th when all the others (including BCS) had them 10 or lower that year. Then you proceeded to say that I got 3/5 correct when even with your desperate attempt to prove me wrong still only revealed the one small error in one year. Pathetic.

Even more pathetic is you go around acting like Oregon is an awful program because they've lost to Stanford a few times. All the while never claiming loyalty to a team of your own. Your like a lowlife hippy standing on street corner making fun of a self made millionaire because his shoe is untied. You think your comments matter or have some sort of affect on him but in reality he's just laughing inside and is thankful he's not you... Get it?

False. I was wrong about how many wins they had in the first year of the current year stretch. You simply picked a poll that had them 11th when all the others (including BCS) had them 10 or lower that year. Then you proceeded to say that I got 3/5 correct when even with your desperate attempt to prove me wrong still only revealed the one small error in one year. Pathetic.

Even more pathetic is you go around acting like Oregon is an awful program because they've lost to Stanford a few times. All the while never claiming loyalty to a team of your own. Your like a lowlife hippy standing on street corner making fun of a self made millionaire because his shoe is untied. You think your comments matter or have some sort of affect on him but in reality he's just laughing inside and is thankful he's not you... Get it?

tl;dr

It doesn't matter.

BTW, I like Oregon's program, I just don't need to lie about their stats to pretend they're something they aren't...

Ducks finish top ten yet again and best in the PAC-12.

Early 2014 rankings look like this

Being so good is getting boring...

Oregon Alum myself, having a good old time with all these haters. That's how you know the Ducks are big time. ;)

Top 10? pfffftttttt...

Remember when FSU finished in the AP Top-5 for 14 straight seasons? Now that was a run...

Oh, and FSU has 3 Championships. How many does Oregon have again?

Different era, my friend. No college program will ever do that again. You have to play to win now. I would have thought Bama would be the next dynasty, but we see how that's gone this year. With playoffs imminent, you can forget about it.

I'll spell it out one more time...

2013: 11-2, 9th AP, 9th USA Today
2012: 12-1, 2nd AP, 2nd USA Today
2011: 12-2, 4th AP, 4th USA Today
2010: 12-1, 3rd AP, 3rd USA Today
2009: 10-3, 11th AP, 11th USA Today

That is not, and I quote:

Yeah I hate when my team wins at least 11 games and finishes in the top 10 for five straight seasons. It sucks....

So yeah...I was wrong on one year; like I admitted to. Do we have some sort of learning disability here? Since when is USA today poll legit when there is the AP and final BCS ranking?

Oh I know! Your trying to prove an incorrect point my way of manipulation. Those Pats fans have taught you well.

So yeah...I was wrong on one year; like I admitted to. Do we have some sort of learning disability here? Since when is USA today poll legit when there is the AP and final BCS ranking?

Oh I know! Your trying to prove an incorrect point my way of manipulation. Those Pats fans have taught you well.

There isn't a post season BCS ranking. The final BCS poll is prior to the bowl games. PKU.

You really are hoppy.

Than why are you siting USA Today? Maybe USA Today publishes the AP Poll? Not sure...sure as hell don't care.

I'm trying to recall what I said to warrant the amount of wasted time you consume trying to get under my skin. Getting weird...a bit creepy actually.

Than why are you siting USA Today? Maybe USA Today publishes the AP Poll? Not sure...sure as hell don't care.

If you knew anything about college football, you'd know that the AP and USA Today (Coach's) poll are the two major polls.

By contract, the winner of the BCS Championship game has to be awarded the USA Today #1 spot, but not so the case with the AP poll.

Both of those polls pre-date the abomination known as the BCS poll. The BCS poll is irrelevent outside of #1 and #2, hence the reason they don't even do a final BCS poll.

Either way none of this equates an Oregon national championship, ever. There seems to always be a lot if hype around them until they play a team worth mentioning, then they lose.... Auburn just lost the national championship by 3 points in the final minute of the game on a REBUILDING YEAR. All that and they're only losing 6 players half of which weren't major players. Know what that means hoppy? Oregon still won't get one next year.

Either way none of this equates an Oregon national championship, ever. There seems to always be a lot if hype around them until they play a team worth mentioning, then they lose.... Auburn just lost the national championship by 3 points in the final minute of the game on a REBUILDING YEAR. All that and they're only losing 6 players half of which weren't major players. Know what that means hoppy? Oregon still won't get one next year.

Did you watch the Auburn-Oregon National Championship?

Did you watch the Auburn-Oregon National Championship?

Of course I did. And in typical Oregon fashion they played a team with a halfway decent defense or better and lost. This time though the whole country was watching.

Hey hoppy, I just got through watching a movie with the kids and it got me to thinking. MAYBE, just maybe, your ducks could take up playing little league hockey and even call themselves the mighty ducks. Who knows they might have better luck. Just a thought.

Of course I did. And in typical Oregon fashion they played a team with a halfway decent defense or better and lost. This time though the whole country was watching.

Ah, good, so you must have seen that the margin of victory in that game was exactly the same as this year, that it was won on a field goal AS TIME EXPIRED after a spectacularly unusual play, that Oregon's much maligned defense kept them in the game in the final 3 minutes, that the lead was never more than 8 at any point, and that the game was hotly contested, with several lead changes.

So you and I remember the same game, right?

Ah, good, so you must have seen that the margin of victory in that game was exactly the same as this year, that it was won on a field goal AS TIME EXPIRED after a spectacularly unusual play, that Oregon's much maligned defense kept them in the game in the final 3 minutes, that the lead was never more than 8 at any point, and that the game was hotly contested, with several lead changes.

So you and I remember the same game, right?

Yep and I remember who won and lost, which as usual was Oregon.

Yep and I remember who won and lost, which as usual was Oregon.

Most certainly. And as Brent Musburger so eloquently pointed out, still a great season for the Tigers and the SEC despite their disappointing bowl performance this year.

I guess I should just be happy to be a Ducks fan and enjoy this unprecedented (for my team anyway) run of success in bowl eligibility, bowl wins, Conference Championships, BCS game invites, and a National Championship invite to boot. Eh fella?

Is that what it's like to be an Auburn fan?

Most certainly. And as Brent Musburger so eloquently pointed out, still a great season for the Tigers and the SEC despite their disappointing bowl performance this year.

I guess I should just be happy to be a Ducks fan and enjoy this unprecedented (for my team anyway) run of success in bowl eligibility, bowl wins, Conference Championships, BCS game invites, and a National Championship invite to boot. Eh fella?

Unprecedented conference championships = not winning the conference the last two years? :confused:

This season was certainly a surprise to anyone that pays attention to Auburn whether they be a fan or hater. But take out last year and Tommy tubervilles last season a few years ago auburn is usually a big contender in the sec. Not necessarily the national championship.

Unprecedented conference championships = not winning the conference the last two years? :confused:

No way man that totally counts. I mean they've won two rose bowls in the last 100 years what more do you want.

Since 1990 when Washington won it's first of two consecutive AP national championships, the only team that has more conference championships than Oregon's 6 is USC's 9, and two of those were subsequently vacated by the NCAA for violations.

Oregon's record in that span is 204-91 (.692), which is hardly legendary. Oregon's record since 2000, however, is 134-44 (.753), and since 2008 is 67-12 (.848).

Oregon also won three straight uncontested titles from 2009 to 2011, a feat which in the modern era only USC and UCLA have accomplished in this conference.

That, my friends, is unprecedented for this program. As in: had never been done before by the Oregon Ducks football program.

It's a good time to be a Ducks fan, so hate all you want. I'm looking forward to the 2014 Stanford game, as always. It'll be the best game in the country, if you ask me, which you wouldn't.

Back