I found myself drunk on my own beer tonight, and i cant be more happy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewd00d

Reaction score
Before i knew anything about this hurricane hitting, i just kegged a 5 gallon batch of beer, a Honey Kolsch to be precise.

I have been worrying about the power going out so for the last 4 hours, pint after pint, i have been happily trying to consume every last drop.

I am a little ashamed to report that this is the 3rd time i have actually been buzzed/drunk off my own homemade beer having been brewing for about a year now.

BUT the only reason is that usually when i make a batch of beer, my buddies come over because they enjoy is so much, that we finish it in 1-2 nights, so i never really get a chance have enough beer to "feel good"

anyone else find themselves in this situation?

You are obviously not brewing enough. :D

You should always have enough around to cover the random party that could break out at anytime and enough to "get high on your own supply". For me, that's two kegs in the fridge and another two batches or so in bottles.:tank:

The pipeline is a stern mistress, you must keep up.

Hammered as we speak... er type. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't brew to get drunk, it is a pleasant side effect.

I remember the first party I threw featuring my brew. I don't know if I was more happy because the guests loved the beer or we all sat around and had a good time and got tanked.

Its a good feeling to know "I made that" and seeing the product of your passion being enjoyed.

I just recalled today after drinking 4 hombrews last night compared to new craft beers i do often, how good i felt the next day.If i overdue it on straight homebrew i dont get that uggggggggggggggggh feeling of dog****

I remember the first party I threw featuring my brew. I don't know if I was more happy because the guests loved the beer or we all sat around and had a good time and got tanked.

It would have been a better story if you said had a good time and got naked.

:mug: fellow WV neighbor.

Be safe up in the north for the next couple of days!! Stay inside & drink homebrew.
Beer was about 85% of my hurricane supplies this week, fortunately we didn't get hit so bad. It was pretty gusty though.
Cheers, guys!!!
Sarah.

No offense, but makes me happy to live in cornfields...not the tornados though.

I get buzzed on all of my homebrew - but once I made a stong IPA with almost 8% ABV - I got hammer dog'd on that one :)

I love getting drunk off homebrew. There is something special about looking at your homebrew in a frosty mug while it is getting you drunk and thinking "I made it" (with the help of the yeasties of course...)

Edit; I'm getting buzzed from my hombrew (mellow american Hef) right now :mug::cross::drunk::ban::tank::fro:

Make that pipeline your *****!

I have a lot of bullets in the holster right now, so taking a few growlers to my hockey games for PLBs (parking lot beers) or taking some to homebrew club meetings is never a problem.

I love the taste of craft brewed ales,particularly my own. Getting drunk is cheaper than weed nowadays,& HB ales being far more socially exceptable. Besides,what's wrong with getting drunk on good brew that you can proudly say you made yourself. You can sit in the shade,your wife or GF raising her glass with the love lights on high beam,& a big smile on her face. Then they say how much they like it or what they like about it. Def a social lubricant,as history has shown. That's why we settled down in one place-to grow enough stuff to make more beer. Bread came along some 3,000 years later.

Latest posts

Back