I found CO2 refills (not swaps) in Chicagoland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayandkerry

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I noticed that the welding companies seem to not refill your CO2 tanks...they only seem to want to swap your tank out for one of their filled ones. And at around $25 for a 5 lb tank swap, it wasn't cheap ($5 per lb). I can get a 1.5 lb. paintball tank refilled for $3, but they won't fill the 5 lb. tank.

Well, for folks in Chicagoland...

I just upgraded to a 20 lb CO2 tank. I bought it, filled, from a guy in Elk Grove Village off eBay for $99 filled. He has one more 20 lb. tank available on eBay if you're interested (it's pickup only).

But what I learned is that he will also just fill tanks (i.e. you can keep your nice aluminum tank...no swapping out for an old industrial one). And he only charges $10 to fill a 5 lb tank.

The company is Service Fire Equipment Co. The guy I talked with is Lou (a nice guy). They're at 1485 Landmeier Road Unit K, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007. The phone is (847) 364-9390. Their eBay username (if you are interested in the 20 lb. tank) is servicefireequipment-usa.

That's it. Hope it helps someone in my neck of the woods.

Ray

Back