I could watch this all day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing to know it's alive!

week computer GIF

I like seeing this, as I only have opaque fermenters. I've been thinking of getting an all-rounder for the transparency as well as ease of pressure fermenting and transferring.
I've used a sanke keg a few times, but man do I like being able to see the action! It's also great for measuring the volume provided you a) place the sticker correctly by measuring and b) level it when you want to know the volume.

I'm with you. Watching (and smelling) the fermentation is almost half the fun. All-rounders are great for watching what's happening. Tripels are notably fun to watch.

For me it's in the same category as growing things, only a little faster. But I like to look around in my garden, watching the leaves and blossoms grow, the young plants, following up their progress, raising them and harvesting them.

With beer and fermentation this is a bit the same, but also a feeling of: wow, I did it again. I did everything well and now its fermenting, or opening that first bottle and hearing it pop, wow, did it again.

The only downside of a stainless steel fermenter is not getting to see the action anymore. I made a lot of videos like this one back in the day.

Back