I can't believe it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
I sent off my oaked barleywine back in December to the Bob FM 2nd Annual Sam Adams Homebrew Competition. Just sort of last second because a coworker mentioned it to me. After the contest they took down the info from their website and I didn't hear any more about it for like a month or more. Then I got an email that went to all the participants inviting me to the awards ceremony at some bar in Norfolk, didn't think anything of it and couldn't make it anyway so I just went about my business. Never got any sort of score sheet in the mail or anything, figured I sucked it up but I enjoyed the barleywines so who cares. Then I come home today and find a giant box on my doorstep, turns out I finished 2nd in the competition,:ban: and got an awesome trophy and 2 tankard's inscribed with the competition info. :rockin:Of course I still didn't get a score sheet, really wish I would have went to the event that day now.

100_0434-1.jpg

Wicked. Can you drink beer from the trophy?

Our ancestors (well at least mine) had no compunctions about drinking their brew from horns. In short, if it can hold liquid, in can dispense liquid.

Edit:
Also, if the tankard and/or the trophy contains lead (doubtful as most pewter anymore doesn't) I would 'forego such activities.

Congrats!

By the way, My son is at Clemson.. Graduates this December..

Are you going to post the recipe?

Thats awesome I just graduated back in May, theres another Clemson guy on here who just graduated too.

I'll try to remember to post up the recipe tonight I'll have to dig around and find it.

Congrats man! That's fantastic!

Although not as cool, I just placed second for American Pale Ales in the first competition I ever entered (Amber Waves of Grain, Buffalo NY). I'm super geeked about it.

Having written it off and then to find the box full of trophy and tankards must have been an awesome feeling. Congratulations, well done! :mug:

It is kind of odd that you never received a score sheet back, but nonetheless, congrats!

Congrats, Clemson55. That's awsome! Now you need to build a brew house to showcase the hardware!:mug:

Doubt I'll drink from the trophy it'll probably leak or leave cheap gold paint in my beer or something. I will be trying out a tankard tonight though.

Back