I can almost RDWHAHB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldJack

Reaction score
Getting closer all the time. 1st brew was 3 1/2 weeks in the fermenter, and has been 2 wks in the bottle. I am hoping another week does it. 2nd batch bottled today after 4 weeks fermenting....another fermenting for a week now. I can't wait to brew the 4th, and have one of MY home brews through the process. The batch I bottled today tasted so good. Thanks to all in this forum for teaching me patience. I can tell it's paid off.

I think it's time to sample the first one. It likely will get better with more aging but I think it will be pretty tasty already.

Try not to drink all of the first batch up too quickly. Most of my brews dont really start getting go until 6 weeks in the bottle. Good at 3 weeks, much better at 6 weeks.

Thanks everyone. I'll do my best to not drink it up too quickly. I can't promise anything though. I have alot of friends that know it's coming soon. Good friends....they visit even when there's no beer !!! hahahaha

It's your beer, drink it if you want. Contrary to popular belief, no one from HBT will kick down your door if you crack open a bottle before the mandatory 3-week waiting period

:mug:

2 weeks in the bottle and you haven't tried one yet? You have more patience then me my friend. I usually try one a week until it's where I want it to be. Then I start putting more in the fridge.

It's your beer, drink it if you want. Contrary to popular belief, no one from HBT will kick down your door if you crack open a bottle before the mandatory 3-week waiting period

:mug:

I didnt think I told him he couldnt drink them, just that he would be rewarded if he didnt drink them all up in the first week.

Maybe he can wait and figure that out on the second or third batch.

I didnt think I told him he couldnt drink them, just that he would be rewarded if he didnt drink them all up in the first week.

Maybe he can wait and figure that out on the second or third batch.

Oh, I am just poking fun at the maxim of "do not open for 3-weeks"...not you in particular.

Back