I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the video, feel like an ass for not knowing this thing was going on until now. I've never listened to Sunday Show, from what I just heard before and after their "commentary" it's pretty clear that I haven't missed a damn thing. Look at the people like Papa Charlie and the Calagiones who've been re-posting and linking to this thing, then look at Justin, and tell me who the ********* is.

Props to all who put this together; makes me proud to be a part of this community.

Well, I think it needs to be said again.....

Great job everyone! It's not like we had thousands of dollars in equipment and let alone a paid staff to work on this. It is what it is and it is great :mug:

Wow! I'm not sure how this video slipped under my radar! Didn't see it until today. Fantastic job with this video everyone!

There will always be critics, no matter the medium or audience - don't sweat the TBN comments. This video is awesome!

This is me. My name is Phil, from Fort Wayne, IN.

Picture 6.jpg

That's great! I'm going to find that on You Tube and link it to my brewing website.

Well Done!

Great vid! Kudos to the editor. I have tried splicing multiple vids together before, not an easy task. Inspiring.

I like how the guys with the "morning zoo" style show are knocking people making a fun homebrew video.

Since someone said "around the 22 minute mark" - I started in around 20 minutes just to make sure I caught it, and they spent like 2 minutes talking about someone's sunburn and burping into the microphone, then trashing the video for having some background noise.

I actually heard one part where someone seemed to say the point of homebrewing is to just get drunk. Sad. If non-homebrewers ever heard their podcast, they would think we're a bunch of college hooch heads, then say that this video like we're doing a disservice to the homebrew community.

I stopped listening to BrewStrong for that very reason. They were wacky zany trying to be XXXXXX-TReEeEeEeMM! I'm sure they're good at what they do. I don't doubt that at all, but if someone is a ******, they're a ******...

I thought the HBT video was over the top and corny, but that was what made it awesome... F the BN...

Loved the video, feel like an ass for not knowing this thing was going on until now. I've never listened to Sunday Show, from what I just heard before and after their "commentary" it's pretty clear that I haven't missed a damn thing. Look at the people like Papa Charlie and the Calagiones who've been re-posting and linking to this thing, then look at Justin, and tell me who the ********* is.

Props to all who put this together; makes me proud to be a part of this community.

I agree.. I get the sunday session podcasts all the time.. It doesnt surprise me that those guys said what they did about the video.. Thats kinda who they are.. They are pretty disrespectful.. if "Papa" Charlie likes it and is linking it who cares what those guys think..

Besides have you ever heard when Justin talks about his brewdays?? Its pretty bad.. It seems when they are podcasting half of them play World of Warcraft.. I am not sure if they care about brewing that much.. At least thats what I get from them when I listen to them.. It sucks to have listen for 3 hours to get about 30min of tips

I wasn't following the other thread and then I leave for the weekend and you guys go out and became famous.

Loved the video. Nicely done Gentlemen!

Some of the shows are good. Sometimes they are funny. I mostly enjoy the interviews and like it when they actually discuss brewing and have conversations about techniques and ingredients. Sometimes the shows are nothing but a few hours of drunk guys telling jokes. Waste of time. I get Bob and Tom on DVR every day. Much better IMO.

But, they have a right to give their opinion, like it or not. Just as everyone has a right to dis their shows. I know I've heard disparaging comments about some of the shows from guys on here. Works both ways dudes. Different strokes for different folks (except the wife is now alseep, so I guess I know what kind of strokes I'll be getting tonight...)

Some of the shows are good. Sometimes they are funny. I mostly enjoy the interviews and like it when they actually discuss brewing and have conversations about techniques and ingredients. Sometimes the shows are nothing but a few hours of drunk guys telling jokes. Waste of time. I get Bob and Tom on DVR every day. Much better IMO.

But, they have a right to give their opinion, like it or not. Just as everyone has a right to dis their shows. I know I've heard disparaging comments about some of the shows from guys on here. Works both ways dudes. Different strokes for different folks (except the wife is now alseep, so I guess I know what kind of strokes I'll be getting tonight...)

+1000000000000
not on the stroking though

I've learned a lot from the Jamil Show... I think I've listened to all of them. I've been enjoying Can You Brew It as well. I don't get too much from Brew Strong (so far anyway), and I listened to about 15 minutes of the Sunday Show once and have no desire to listen to any more of it.

I'll keep listening to the Jamil shows; there's a lot of good info there, and the man knows what he's talking about. The rest of that crew, well, they can say what they want, it's their podcast.

I listen to all the Jamil Show podcasts. They are so good.

This Sunday Session was embarrassing. Wow. It reminds me of one of those inane morning zoo radio shows.

The Jamil show is great. I wish that there was a little less OT stuff in there, but still very good. I gave the Sunday session a 2nd chance and I'm listening to one from June with Gordon Strong and JZ and one you get about 30 minutes into the episode it's actually quite good. It's GS and JZ that make this particular episode good though with a ton of great information.

I highly recommend listening to it - http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/archive/dwnldarchive06-14-09.mp3

Well done to all involved, it a great representation of the many reasons we have all gotten involved in this "way of life"

Cheers..

hombrewer.jpg

Having been a part of many collaborative efforts, video, and otherwise, I am amazed at how well this project came together....Good work everyone, especially our fearless editor.
I am proud to have been a part of it, and everyone I have shown the video to likes the result, including my local club folks.

As for the naysayers...well, they missed the point, the point about enthusiasm and passion for a craft, and the point about community....don't really think I need those kinds of folks in my community ...so I'll stick with you guys!

Absolutly well done guys. If the BN guys are bitching its because the didn't have the idea and are jelous.

Kai

Very, very well done guys! Congratulations on all the positive press you're receiving. You've represented us (home brewers) well.

Brian

Very, very well done guys! Congratulations on all the positive press you're receiving. You've represented us (home brewers) well.

Brian

EXACTLY!

Rather than being the worst example of the home brewing community, like those guys, you guys made it look classy.

THAT is what is most important about putting faces and voices with the philosophy of home brewed beer.

HBT-Nice people feeling passionate about their beer.

Damn fine job of putting that together!!

I don't have a photobucket account or anything similar, but that's me with the hat and beard saying "we are not micro" at 1:17.

It was mentioned elsewhere, but can anyone with the footage chop together a quick and dirty bloopers/out-takes reel? I know the guy who filmed my parts laughed himself silly at a few of the the things he caught on camera when we reviewed the footage.

MOD EDIT:

Kungpaodog.jpg

When does the sequel come out?

I think this is the sequel. I'm guessing this guy didn't like the original, but at least his protest is more imaginative and fun than BN's rant. It made me laugh, anyways. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEC-fzO2Vig]YouTube - I am a Home Brewer Too[/ame]

Latest posts

Back