Husband complaining about my Home Brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely disagree with showing him a bunch of posts from people he you nor he has ever met calling him a fool. You could get the opposite of what you are looking for with him just saying nope it ain't happening in my house. That then could lead to other bigger issues that you don't want.

I had the same space problem - bought three of these and never had a problem again!
110593273SZ.jpg

You can get them from a bunch of places quite cheap - Americanas has them, for instance.

I completely disagree with showing him a bunch of posts from people he you nor he has ever met calling him a fool. You could get the opposite of what you are looking for with him just saying nope it ain't happening in my house. That then could lead to other bigger issues that you don't want.

And if something this insignificant puts a strain on your relationship. Find a new guy who you find just as exciting, handsome, and gorgeous. It shouldn't be a difficult task.. you're a very beautiful girl and if I may judge, have a lot to offer other than beauty. Beauty is swell. But you have more than physical appearance, you have soul.

There are plenty of guys who would like a girlfriend/wife that looks good, is open minded, loves beer, and is creative.

Putting the shoe on the other foot, I'd love to have found a one of a kind girl who enjoysbrewing, and life and love.

Don't sell yourself short. If this guy makes you do that. Find another.

-Disclaimer. I am divorced once and possibly working on the next. Take my advice for what it's worth.

I'll throw my two cents in. First I'll have to agree with those who suggested becoming better organized. It's tough in an apartment. Now you did say he enjoys craft brews that are commercially made. Your going too need to make a style he likes. That will help.

I think if you can tidy it up and brew a beer he likes all will be very good. If more problems persist then it probably is not the beer hobby regardless of what is said. But if you can put the hobby aside for a few months you will more understanding of what he wants and weather or not you can deal with it.:mug:

I know I posted earlier, but I had a thought; if you were to make shelves that ran along the wall, all your stuff will be up off of the counters. It would still be in plain sight, but the counters would be freed up. I did see the shelving unit posted earlier, and if you have the floor space, you could put your gear on it, make a cover for it, and out of sight out of mind. I hope.

I'll throw my two cents in. First I'll have to agree with those who suggested becoming better organized. It's tough in an apartment. Now you did say he enjoys craft brews that are commercially made. Your going too need to make a style he likes. That will help.

I'm on it!

I know I posted earlier, but I had a thought; if you were to make shelves that ran along the wall, all your stuff will be up off of the counters. It would still be in plain sight, but the counters would be freed up. I did see the shelving unit posted earlier, and if you have the floor space, you could put your gear on it, make a cover for it, and out of sight out of mind. I hope.

Yeah, I really like the shelf idea. I'm currently investing in some new stuff like kegs and a mini-fridge, so I'm gonna try to negotiate with him about space and how to organize it so it'll cause less trouble around the house.

I haven't read all of this but I might be the voice of dissent here. I love brewing but my biggest pet peeve is clutter. If the equipment is where I can see it every day, I'm probably not happy about it, either. If it is somewhere where I don't see it, and drop in guests don't see it ...then knock yourself out.

My wife and I have a very good relationship (married 12 years) and clutter is probably the biggest source of tension.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

EDIT: looking back, I guess my view is not really the voice of dissent.

No two people will be without disagreements. If you're respectful and minimize the impact that upsets your significant other, you'll be fine.

I'm with bwarbiany, make it worth his while to let you brew in peace. Or just show him all of these posts where people are calling him a fool
Yah, because when your wife rubs your nose in it and tells you you're wrong, that ALWAYS fixes it. :drunk:
Some guys have it so good they have no idea how to handle it...

Men are stupid, need to complain about something, and supermodels get dumped by their boyfriends.

Last Activity:
05-05-2014 12:43 PM

I hope this doesn't have anything to do with this thread.....

Doubtful. People come and go all the time from websites. She posted in the drinking thread some after this thread. My guess is married life gets in the way and not everyone spends every day on forums. I wouldn't worry.

I found she has some recent untapped logins. Which could mean almost anything, I suppose.

People come and go from hobby sites all the time. It's not a big deal. I think she just decided to not post here anymore.

And with the way some guys behave around here I wouldn't blame her.

I found she has some recent untapped logins. Which could mean almost anything, I suppose.

People come and go from hobby sites all the time. It's not a big deal. I think she just decided to not post here anymore.

She is still posting on instagram.

How some guys behave around here? Like tracking women down on other social media platforms?

:drunk:

How some guys behave around here? Like tracking women down on other social media platforms?

Yeah, or if the same question was asked about any other member, female or otherwise, who suddenly drops off the forum, like has happened a couple of times...

I've only been brewing for a couple of months. The first batch stressed my wife out. I don't think she knew what to expect, and I didn't know what I was doing. We've both gotten used to the process, and we sometimes invite friends. She likes the beer, and I've managed to find places to store my stuff. You'll figure it out.

We both posted in an instagram thread and we friended each other?

And I'm a woman ;) but maybe that was your point? Who knows.

My reply....

Last Activity:

I hope this doesn't have anything to do with this thread.....[
/QUOTE]

Doubtful. People come and go all the time from websites. She posted in the drinking thread some after this thread. My guess is married life gets in the way and not everyone spends every day on forums. I wouldn't worry.

Geez you guys are so serious. I just noted that she hadn't been around on the forum since a month or so after the thread was started......

On a thread that is 4 months old.....

My reply....

Last Activity:

I hope this doesn't have anything to do with this thread.....[
/QUOTE]

Geez you guys are so serious. I just noted that she hadn't been around on the forum since a month or so after the thread was started......

On a thread that is 4 months old.....

I'm not serious. Chill out. You're the one who wanted to know and started noting her activity. Weird. Super weird.

Geez.... You are still taking me seriously.

There was sarcasm intended.

Nope. You're just being extremely weird. I'm sure you were serious when you posted but it may have been deemed odd and when that was called into question, suddenly you claim you weren't serious and everyone else is just so wrong. So, you could just drop it and silently wait for her to return. ;)

So is this group hug fully clothed, or naked, or something in between? I want to make sure it's worth my while before humping in.

I mean, JUMPING in...

This is the "What are you listening to now" thread, right? I left my glasses in my pants, so I can't see real well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow........ I am sorry.

I bend over backwards to keep everything put away and clean so I do not upset mate.

Does he cook at all? I ask because if he does you need to get him involved. buy a book of clone recipes he could read and pick a few. get him involved Dress sexy when brewing tease him, like foreplay, and don't finish until the yeast is pitched.

Wow........ I am sorry.

I bend over backwards to keep everything put away and clean so I do not upset mate.

Does he cook at all? I ask because if he does you need to get him involved. buy a book of clone recipes he could read and pick a few. get him involved Dress sexy when brewing tease him, like foreplay, and don't finish until the yeast is pitched.

I'm taking your idea, thanks!

Latest posts

Back