HOWTO - Make a BrewPi Fermentation Controller For Cheap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I didn't have a thermowell until now. But at the moment I was following fuzze's instructions on setting it up to make it public and now the Pi powers up but nothing loads. I reloaded noobs onto another SD card but no change..

Setting up the password stuff shouldn't have anything to do with getting it to load up. You may have borked the website code. But if apache isn't loading and cron isn't starting up the script then you got bigger issues.

Hi, this forum has been super helpful. From my earlier post you guys helped me get my hardware wiring correct. Now I am having a couple software issues:

- I am running 1 instance of Brewpi with RPints on a RPi2, wired to ethernet. RPints is in /var/www and Brewpi is in /var/www/brewpi, which is how I set it up through the automated install (installing RPints 1st). I would prefer it this way too since I plan to open it up to remote access from work using a login for the Brewpi (and thankfully RPints comes with built in admin security).

- The script starts at the initial boot fine and the CRON job seems to be working fine. If I stop the script from the Web UI, it stops and creates the "brewpi do not run" file in /var/www (that may not be the exact file name, because I'm typing this from my phone away from home, but that is the right location). It is owned by user brewpi and group www-data. However, if I click the start script button on the Web UI, nothing happens and the "brewpi do not run" file remains in /var/www . If I manually remove the file via the command line, CRON catches it, and the brewpi starts back up normally.

- So how do I get the script on/off button to work correctly from the Web UI? Is this not working because the button expects the index.php and the "brewpi do not run" files to be in the same directory? I've seen plenty of posts indicating others run brewpi outside of /var/www and it seems to be working for them. Do I need to edit a file to tell it the real path? When I initially installed brewpi, I told it about the /var/www/brewpi location, I didn't move it there after. I have tried a fresh install of everything (reformatted another microSD card and started from scratch), but continue to have this problem.

- A 2nd problem I'm having: I mentioned above that my plan is to allow for remote access, and to that end, I am looking to get a login for the brewpi page (I don't need a dummy page to show it off to friends, I just want access for myself). I have tried the .htaccess method suggested at various times in this thread, but not gotten it working. Basically, I can protect the /var/www/brewpi folder, but I don't get the prompt to login to access it. I don't know what's wrong. Do I need to add something to my Apache install?

- Finally (for now), once I get everything setup and stable, how to I create an image of this so if I muck it up, I can revert back? And how do I revert it back if needed?

Thanks so much! Despite the challenges, this project has proven a huge amount of fun in between times I can brew. 🍻

While I don't use password protection so I can't help with that. I did not put rpints in the main www directory. I gave mine it's own directory. Perhaps rpints and brewpi are using different permissions and it's keeping you from deleting the lock file. What does your cron job look like? Maybe something is wrong there. As far as imaging the sd card it's just the same as writing to it from windows just in reverse.

For the start script button- how long are you waiting from when you press it? I know when I first started in brewpi land that I thought it was broken but it actually takes a minute or so before it responds.

While I don't use password protection so I can't help with that. I did not put rpints in the main www directory. I gave mine it's own directory. Perhaps rpints and brewpi are using different permissions and it's keeping you from deleting the lock file. What does your cron job look like? Maybe something is wrong there. As far as imaging the sd card it's just the same as writing to it from windows just in reverse.

Actually, I am a Mac user. Can I do it in the RPi or on a Mac? For the permissions issue you mention, wouldn't it make no difference since the file is created by user "brewpi" and group "www-data", the same that is seeking to delete it? I admit I don't know too much about this stuff.

Here is my /etc/cron.d/brewpi file:

Code:
stderrpath="/home/brewpi/logs/stderr.txt"
stdoutpath="/home/brewpi/logs/stdout.txt"
scriptpath="/home/brewpi"
entries="brewpi wifichecker"
# entry:brewpi
* * * * * brewpi python $scriptpath/brewpi.py --checkstartuponly --dontrunfile $scriptpath/brewpi.py 1>/dev/null 2>>$stderrpath; [ $? != 0 ] && python $
# entry:wifichecker
#*/10 * * * * root sudo -u brewpi touch $stdoutpath $stderrpath; $scriptpath/utils/wifiChecker.sh 1>>$stdoutpath 2>>$stderrpath &

(yes, I hashed out the wifichecker for now since I am still setting it up over wired ethernet)

The "do not fun" file is :
-rw-r--r-- 1 brewpi www-data 1 Jun 21 00:55 brewpido_not_run_brewpi

For the start script button- how long are you waiting from when you press it? I know when I first started in brewpi land that I thought it was broken but it actually takes a minute or so before it responds.
I waited more than 10 min. That should be sufficient when cron should be checking every min of every day?

Actually, I am a Mac user. Can I do it in the RPi or on a Mac? For the permissions issue you mention, wouldn't it make no difference since the file is created by user "brewpi" and group "www-data", the same that is seeking to delete it? I admit I don't know too much about this stuff.

Yes you can do all this via mac, easiest way is to open terminal (search in finder) and the ssh in you do this by typing ssh pi@ipaddress

Pi being your user name and the ipaddress being the rpi ipaddress

Plug in your RPI login password and then you can just cut and paste all the commands you need straight into terminal

Do you have a do not run file in www/brewpi

No, it's is only being created in /var/www . I tried copying it (with same owner settings to match the original) to /var/www/brewpi, but the Web UI didn't do anything to remove it from there either.

Yes you can do all this via mac, easiest way is to open terminal (search in finder) and the ssh in you do this by typing ssh pi@ipaddress

Sorry if this wasn't clear: I do know how to use SSH and basic command line prompts (I'm running the Pi headless), I meant I didn't know how to create a backup image of my SD card in the Pi.

No, it's is only being created in /var/www . I tried copying it (with same owner settings to match the original) to /var/www/brewpi, but the Web UI didn't do anything to remove it from there either.

Sorry if this wasn't clear: I do know how to use SSH and basic command line prompts (I'm running the Pi headless), I meant I didn't know how to create a backup image of my SD card in the Pi.

I don't do it via ssh but I down loaded a program called apple pi baker that allows you to really easily back up by just using no a card reader with the Mac there are ways to back up via ssh but I figure if I back up after every brew and before every update manually it's not really any bother.

fwiw, on Windows, I use Win32DiskImager with a $5 generic card reader. Works fine.
Routine management is done through Putty, WinSCP, and if I need to tweak databases, phpmyadmin and phpliteadmin (for MySQL and SQLite, respectively).

Cheers!

First, let me say that this thread is truly incredible and the reason I joined HBT after plenty of lurking. There are some very clever people collaborating here!

I've gone and executed the instructions for setting up brewpi on a Debian PC, and I've got the brewpi interface up and running. Sensors are configured, HEX file uploaded, etc. As far as I can tell, everything is as it should be.

The problem is, when I kick off brewpi, it runs correctly for a variable period of time (a few minutes to a few hours), before the script stops running and I see the message in the LCD window: "Cannot get version number. Please (re)program Arduino."

I've run the py script from command line, and I've found the following error is associated with this problem:

FridgeTemp": 68.42,"FridgeSet": 59.13,"FridgeAnn":null,"State":5}
Jun 21 2015 16:38:40 Serial Error: [Errno 5] Input/output error)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/brewpi/brewpi.py", line 728, in <module>
ser.write('l')
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 518, in write
raise SerialException('write failed: %s' % (v,))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: write failed: [Errno 5] Input/output error
root@debian:/home/brewpi# sudo -u brewpi python /home/brewpi/brewpi.py
Jun 21 2015 16:40:38 Notification: Script started for beer 'Test'
Jun 21 2015 16:40:48 Checking software version on controller...
File "/home/brewpi/brewpi.py", line 374, in <module>
hwVersion = brewpiVersion.getVersionFromSerial(ser)
File "/home/brewpi/brewpiVersion.py", line 29, in getVersionFromSerial
ser.setTimeout(1)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialutil.py", line 402, in setTimeout
if self._isOpen: self._reconfigurePort()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 325, in _reconfigurePort
raise SerialException("Could not configure port: %s" % msg)
serial.serialutil.SerialException: Could not configure port: (5, 'Input/output error')

Rebooting the machine corrects the problem temporarily. Initially I suspected a problem with the cable or the Arduino, so I bought another one. The issue still persists, so I think that can be ruled out. This would seem to be a serial port configuration issue, but I have no clue how to solve it. Please help!

First, let me say that this thread is truly incredible and the reason I joined HBT after plenty of lurking. There are some very clever people collaborating here!

I've gone and executed the instructions for setting up brewpi on a Debian PC, and I've got the brewpi interface up and running. Sensors are configured, HEX file uploaded, etc. As far as I can tell, everything is as it should be.

The problem is, when I kick off brewpi, it runs correctly for a variable period of time (a few minutes to a few hours), before the script stops running and I see the message in the LCD window: "Cannot get version number. Please (re)program Arduino."

I've run the py script from command line, and I've found the following error is associated with this problem:

ser.write('l')
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 518, in write
ser.setTimeout(1)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialutil.py", line 402, in setTimeout
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 325, in _reconfigurePort
serial.serialutil.SerialException: Could not configure port: (5, 'Input/output error')

Rebooting the machine corrects the problem temporarily. Initially I suspected a problem with the cable or the Arduino, so I bought another one. The issue still persists, so I think that can be ruled out. This would seem to be a serial port configuration issue, but I have no clue how to solve it. Please help!

I tried reprogramming my knock-off Uno and got the version number error, was stuck on it for a while until I tried powering the Uno externally. If you can find a DC adapter in the 6-12v range I'd try it. Mine is 6.5v, and as I understand it higher is better (or else it will just I use the USB power instead). I still get the error in my terminal when reprogramming but it doesn't come up on the BrewPi display and it all works correctly with the sensors and relays.

I also blanked the EEPROM and uploaded the "bare minimum" sketch from the Arduino IDE but it didn't make a difference until I started using the adapter. I think that was my solution.

FWIW, I even tried programming my Uno using a laptop Debian native install and got the same issue as above when I was using my Pi. The Arduino was originally programmed a few months ago using a desktop Debian install so maybe that USB port was just pumping more power than the Pi or my laptop. It's working for now so who knows?

FWIW, I even tried programming my Uno using a laptop Debian native install and got the same issue as above when I was using my Pi. The Arduino was originally programmed a few months ago using a desktop Debian install so maybe that USB port was just pumping more power than the Pi or my laptop. It's working for now so who knows?

Yes, I did this too, and it didn't solve the problem. My next move will be to buy a power adapter and see if that works. Thanks.

You already tried replacing the Arduino, another usb cable, or both?

Hmm. Yeah, maybe your rpi isn't putting out enough juice and the arduino is browning out.

How are you powering the rpi?

[Edit] NVM, sorry, I reread and saw you are using a PC not a rpi.

Both. Same exact error.

I'm going to try externally powering the Arduino and see if that solves the problem. If not...we'll go from there.

I'm also wondering if there is some underlying issue here. I had no problem programming the Arduino the first time around, it was only recently when I tried to reprogram it (for no real reason) that it started throwing errors. I wonder if something changed on the Debian/Raspbian end or if there's just a bug that Elco hasn't squashed yet. There are numerous users who have had similar problems. I still think powering it was the key for me, but like I said I still see the "unable to receive version number" error during the programming phase in the terminal output. I should try again un-powered to see if I can duplicate the problem again.

Both. Same exact error.

I'm going to try externally powering the Arduino and see if that solves the problem. If not...we'll go from there.

I had the same trouble, until I replaced the cord with one with the ferrite core filters built into the ends. Not a single problem since

I had the same problem with my arduino asking to re program, try running the update script for brewpi and see if that helps because it solved my issue, when a fresh brewpi install didn't. sudo ~/brewpi-tools/updater.py

ser.write('l')

ser.setTimeout(1)

My bet is that your pc is turning off the usb after a while. Maybe a bios issue. Or a power supply issue. Is it a laptop?

It's one of those little mini computers. Got it from a friend, so I don't remember the model number offhand.

I did flash the BIOS already, and I disabled power management. I also tried running the whole apparatus off an old PC. Same error, every time.

In order of priority, my solutions are going to be:
--External power cable for the Arduino
--Ferrite core USB cable
--Spring for a Raspberry Pi

I'll post results as they come in.

It's one of those little mini computers. Got it from a friend, so I don't remember the model number offhand.

I did flash the BIOS already, and I disabled power management. I also tried running the whole apparatus off an old PC. Same error, every time.

--Ferrite core USB cable

Try just running the update script I experienced the same problem with a raspberry pi and a sainsmart arduino I'm not sure whether something has changed in the install script but my brewpi went from working fine to not working following a new install, then corrected itself after running the update. It's the cheapest option so worth a shot. If that doesn't work then try buying new power supplies etc.

What I'm seeing in these posts could be explained by insufficient power at the Uno.

Powering an Uno via its USB port is asking for trouble.
Use a 9V to 12V 1A wall wart and save yourself the aggravation...

Cheers!

What I'm seeing in these posts could be explained by insufficient power at the Uno.

Cheers!

Vindication!

I'd also mention that I had these problems flashing from an RPi. And if you're going to connect an Arduino or anything else to it, you really need to have a good power supply to the Pi to begin with, to say nothing of the fact that the Arduino will need its own power supply. Wireless mouse/keyboard, wifi dongle, etc. and you're really going to want a powered USB hub anyway.

Honestly, if you have the PC already I wouldn't bother getting a Pi unless you want it for size or something else (like Elsinore which is pretty reliant on the GPIO pins). It's certainly not a terrible investment, it just depends on what you want it for.

Cheers!

That said, a ferrite beaded USB cord thats as short as possible isnt a bad idea to connect the PC/RPI & Uno.

More than a few people have problems here with communication getting corrupt, probably due to the switching of the freezer power on and off coupling onto the USB cord and corrupting the data.

Try just running the update script I experienced the same problem with a raspberry pi and a sainsmart arduino I'm not sure whether something has changed in the install script but my brewpi went from working fine to not working following a new install, then corrected itself after running the update. It's the cheapest option so worth a shot. If that doesn't work then try buying new power supplies etc.

Welp, externally powering the Arduino didn't work. However, the script ran for 5 hours before erroring out, though, so I'm not convinced it didn't help. I had to go out of town for a couple of days so the Arduino will be handling temp control on autopilot until I get back.

I've got a ferrite-tipped USB cable coming from Amazon, and I'll also run the update script before I do anything else.

After that...it might be time to start thinking about workarounds. If this thing is only failing every few hours, I may just tell the PC to reboot whenever it detects that the BrewPi script has encountered a problem. Or maybe I can have the BrewPi script try a few times to recontact the Arduino before quitting. We'll see...

Or maybe I can have the BrewPi script try a few times to recontact the Arduino before quitting. We'll see...

If after comms stop can you stop and restart the script from the web ui and it reconnect?

If so you could try adding the line
Code:
run = 0
inside the elseif statement at line #741 in brewpi.py. This *theoretically* would cause script to automatically stop when serial comms go down, and the cron job would restart it after a minute or so. (I think, I haven't tried it)

IE:
Code:
        elif (time.time() - prevDataTime) > float(config['interval']) + 2 * float(config['interval']):
            #something is wrong: controller is not responding to data requests
            logMessage("Error: controller is not responding to new data requests")
            run = 0

Welp, externally powering the Arduino didn't work. However, the script ran for 5 hours before erroring out, though, so I'm not convinced it didn't help. I had to go out of town for a couple of days so the Arduino will be handling temp control on autopilot until I get back.

I've got a ferrite-tipped USB cable coming from Amazon, and I'll also run the update script before I do anything else.

After that...it might be time to start thinking about workarounds. If this thing is only failing every few hours, I may just tell the PC to reboot whenever it detects that the BrewPi script has encountered a problem. Or maybe I can have the BrewPi script try a few times to recontact the Arduino before quitting. We'll see...

Powering my arduino separately didn't help with mine corrupting either. However, the combination of that and a ferrite USB cord did. I've had that setup for months now without a single problem, whereas before I was having it corrupt several times per day. I highly recommend ot

If after comms stop can you stop and restart the script from the web ui and it reconnect?

If so you could try adding the line
Code:
run = 0
inside the elseif statement at line #741 in brewpi.py. This *theoretically* would cause script to automatically stop when serial comms go down, and the cron job would restart it after a minute or so. (I think, I haven't tried it)

IE:
Code:
        elif (time.time() - prevDataTime) > float(config['interval']) + 2 * float(config['interval']):
            #something is wrong: controller is not responding to data requests
            logMessage("Error: controller is not responding to new data requests")
            run = 0

No, the controller doesn't come back up if I restart the script from the web UI. A restart does bring it back up, though. Not sure why that is, since I don't think the restart affects the Arduino. Anyone have insight?

No, the controller doesn't come back up if I restart the script from the web UI. A restart does bring it back up, though. Not sure why that is, since I don't think the restart affects the Arduino.

Anyone have insight?

No. I have a headache.

Could you try the above again?

Cheers! ;)

--Ferrite core USB cable

Problem is SOLVED as best I can tell!

It turns out that the snag wasn't actually between the Arduino and the PC at all. I puzzled it out when I looked through the log files and saw that each time the serial connection crashed, the WLAN had crashed and reset itself first.

The root cause turned out to be my crappy router (thanks Comcast), which resets the wireless connection periodically. Since Network Manager was managing that connection (another surprise since I thought I was using exclusively Ethernet), it was changing the configuration of that connection whenever it reset. That meant the script was confronted with a bunch of unassigned variables and crashed.

Ultimately, the answer was to disable the wireless connection. Now whenever my router decides to reset, the BrewPi script just resets the interface. The script has been running for 6 hours without any issue.

Anyway, thanks very much to everyone who helped me run these issues to ground. I really appreciate the help!

I'm about to be testing my chamber for the first time. I have a thermowell in the middle of my bucket. Will fill it with 5 gallons of water but I had a couple questions as this will be my first brew. I am making a hefeweizen from Nor Cal Brewing (http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Beer_Ingredients_Kit_Extract_House_Hefeweizen.html)

What temp(s) would you guys recommend I ferment at? Not looking to get more banana or clove, just about the middle. Waiting on my heater but the chamber seems to be working pretty well.

I'm also wondering if I'll need a blow off tube? I only have an air lock. 5 gallon batch in a 6.5 gallon bucket.
Thanks, sorry I know this is posted in the wrong area.

Start by looking at what the yeast recommends. Then set your temp according to that. If you choose you could try keeping it in the low side of the recommended temperature range. Once you hit your FG numbers try raising the temp into the higher end of that range for a couple days to clean up the yeast. Once you find the best temps for that style and yeast you can try setting up your own profile for that beer.

Start by looking at what the yeast recommends. Then set your temp according to that. If you choose you could try keeping it in the low side of the recommended temperature range. Once you hit your FG numbers try raising the temp into the higher end of that range for a couple days to clean up the yeast. Once you find the best temps for that style and yeast you can try setting up your own profile for that beer.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I have Mangrove Jack's M20 Bavarian Wheat Yeast. On the package it says ferment at 59-86F which is a pretty wide range. Can I just set my brewpi for 3 weeks of 70F and I should be okay? I'll take gravity readings as well of course.

Thanks

Id go with 60-62. But it depends on what types of flavor you're looking to get from the yeast. Have you used it before? What temp did you run it at last time? These are things only u can determine. I do a lot of ales, so I typically run everything at 65 as far as ales go. Then I bring it up to 72 after I'm satisfied with where the gravity is. After its cleaned up for a few days it's time to cold crash.

And like I said. Until you are doing the same recipe over and over again, you won't be using a profile. The profile is intended for reproducing past results. If you have a particular beer and you find that you like how it came out. You'd want to recreate that. So after a few runs you find that it seems to finish after a certain amount of days. You can build a profile around that.

It would be nice if we could have some sort of gravity meter in there all the time and we could then have dynamically changing profiles. If only I could code or could find someone to help me transform these wiifit balance boards into bluetooth digital scales. It might possibly could become a reality.

Id go with 60-62. But it depends on what types of flavor you're looking to get from the yeast. Have you used it before? What temp did you run it at last time? These are things only u can determine. I do a lot of ales, so I typically run everything at 65 as far as ales go. Then I bring it up to 72 after I'm satisfied with where the gravity is. After its cleaned up for a few days it's time to cold crash.

And like I said. Until you are doing the same recipe over and over again, you won't be using a profile. The profile is intended for reproducing past results. If you have a particular beer and you find that you like how it came out. You'd want to recreate that. So after a few runs you find that it seems to finish after a certain amount of days. You can build a profile around that.

It would be nice if we could have some sort of gravity meter in there all the time and we could then have dynamically changing profiles. If only I could code or could find someone to help me transform these wiifit balance boards into bluetooth digital scales. It might possibly could become a reality.

I've actually never used this yeast before and this will be my first batch of beer. I know its not the best place to post it so I might move it to my other thread. I appreciate the advice though. Thanks!

I am having a couple software issues:

- I am running 1 instance of Brewpi with RPints on a RPi2, wired to ethernet. RPints is in /var/www and Brewpi is in /var/www/brewpi, which is how I set it up through the automated install (installing RPints 1st). I would prefer it this way too since I plan to open it up to remote access from work using a login for the Brewpi (and thankfully RPints comes with built in admin security).

- The script starts at the initial boot fine and the CRON job seems to be working fine. If I stop the script from the Web UI, it stops and creates the "brewpi do not run" file in /var/www (that may not be the exact file name, because I'm typing this from my phone away from home, but that is the right location). It is owned by user brewpi and group www-data. However, if I click the start script button on the Web UI, nothing happens and the "brewpi do not run" file remains in /var/www . If I manually remove the file via the command line, CRON catches it, and the brewpi starts back up normally.

- So how do I get the script on/off button to work correctly from the Web UI? Is this not working because the button expects the index.php and the "brewpi do not run" files to be in the same directory? I've seen plenty of posts indicating others run brewpi outside of /var/www and it seems to be working for them. Do I need to edit a file to tell it the real path? When I initially installed brewpi, I told it about the /var/www/brewpi location, I didn't move it there after. I have tried a fresh install of everything (reformatted another microSD card and started from scratch), but continue to have this problem.
I still haven't solved this. Any ideas, anyone?

- A 2nd problem I'm having: I mentioned above that my plan is to allow for remote access, and to that end, I am looking to get a login for the brewpi page (I don't need a dummy page to show it off to friends, I just want access for myself). I have tried the .htaccess method suggested at various times in this thread, but not gotten it working. Basically, I can protect the /var/www/brewpi folder, but I don't get the prompt to login to access it. I don't know what's wrong. Do I need to add something to my Apache install?
With a bit more scouring the web, I solved this issue! :rockin:

- Finally (for now), once I get everything setup and stable, how to I create an image of this so if I muck it up, I can revert back? And how do I revert it back if needed?
Got this working as well, thanks to some direction from the replies to the post on what to search for. :mug:

Do you have a do not run file in www/brewpi
As I said (see below quote), I do not, but I haven't seen a further reply to this. So....bump! Is there a way to force one to be created in the correct directory? I feel like I am in the home stretch of getting this software fully operational, at which point I'll get the hardware finalized to start a brew!

Now, from the hardware side, there are a couple of mods I'd be interested in making and would appreciate any thoughts/advice so I don't burn my apartment building down or more importantly, ruin a beer:
1) Is it safer to add a fuse somewhere? Would I want to add it between the power in cable and the outlet, or somewhere else?

2) I'd like to wire some different colored LEDs to the project box that can indicate whether the unit is heating/cooling. I found this. How would they go into the schematic exactly, into the Yellow wires going into IN1 and IN2 in the relay switch? I'm a little confused. This build appears to have them wired directly to the hot/cold outputs, but those LEDs look a bit big for my liking.

3) I'd like to add a different LCD than the one listed in here. Would this one work? I like the Red text on Black look.

4) Could I split power from a 12v 2A power supply to power both the Arduino Uno as well as a 12V 1.6A computer fan? Is 0.4A enough to power the Arduino and is this safe? Is that how it even works? 1.6A would go to the fan, and then 0.4A would go to the Arduino?

My plan is to add an always on outlet to the Brewpi box and plug in a 12v 2A power brick there, have the wire go into the box to power the Arduino, and have plug on the side of the box to go down to the fan (see attached photo). I didn't want to have another relay, as mentioned here, so it will be always circulating.

5) Does the BrewPi also work for Mash Temp control? I thought it was supposed to. Once I get this all working, I'll obviously need more to do :drunk:

BrewPiArduinoCircuit_copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back