Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwight

Reaction score
Been lurking here for a while, from Marshall, MI, a small town blessed with 2 breweries (Darkhorse and Grand River Brewing). Long time (on and off) homebrewer looking to get back into the hobby, most recently after a break from illness. Started with beet sugar and Blue Ribbon canned malt extract from a local grocery store and made a fair amount of cidery-tasting beer-like substance in the late 70's and early 80's.

Welcome to the group, and welcome back to brewing, from Minnesota!

I did a couple kits like that in the early '80s, then quickly gave it up when I found the results to be bad swill. I remember those 64oz cans of hopped extract with the crappy packet of yeast taped to the top. The state of the art is so much better now.

When I started brewing, I'd only drank American macro beer. I was impressed by the kits - they still had more flavor than the macro beer. But as stated, it's come a long way since then. I suggest reading the on line How to Brew (howtobrew.com) or the updated paper version.

Back