Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodeebryan

Reaction score
Ok. Here I am New to the Forum and new to Homebrewing. I have Been interested for a while now. About 2 months ago I got a partial starter kit from my Father in law and went to the HB store in Dallas the next day and they helped me fill in the missing equipment that I needed. I brewed that night when I got home! The store talked me through the process. They had me pick a can of extract. So I picked a pilsner which I think is a Lager? I brewed with no problems. Was a lot of fun. Put it in the bucket and waited. The next morning crazy fermentation. Im pretty sure I did everything wrong when I came to fermentation. Temp was about 79-81 F the entire time. So if it was a true Lager I was way in the wrong. After 2-3 weeks in bottles I poured the first beer. To my surprise it wasn't bad. Second I brewed and nut brown Ale. Figured out a cooler place to Ferment (71F). And now that's in bottles conditioning. Last night I brewed my 3rd batch. A Lawnmower ale from Austin Homebrew. I also used a glass carboy for the first time. I've got a lot to learn but I really enjoy the whole process. Oh by the way I'm from TX
Thanks bye

Back