Howdy from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Reaction score
Been lurking for about a month, and decided to join.
My first batch, a stout, was in the primary 2 weeks, and has been in bottles for about 10 days. Recipe says 3 weeks--gonna be a long 3 weeks!
Borrowed a friend's equipment to give this a try.
I'm not a big commercial beer drinker, but have enjoyed every homebrew I've ever had, so decided I need to give this a try.
After I pop a couple bottles and enjoy the results, I'll dive in and get my own brew stuff. Many decisions--pail or carboy, glass or Better Bottle, pot (will be stainless) size and quality--light or triclad bottom.
So many toys, so little time.
This forum has provided great info. As I get smarter, I look forward to helping new people as they get started, just as I currently am.

drano

Welcome :mug:
If you decide to take up the obsess..I mean hobby, go to a local home brew shop and look for a "starter" kit. It will have the equipment you need, usually cheaper than buying each piece separately. If no LHBS, then there are quite a few online places that will get you the stuff you need.

Latest posts

Back