Howdy from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FswBG

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey fellow brewers,
My name is Brandon and I am a homebrew addict. I recently moved to Michigan, was born and raised in Texas, and have been brewing for about 4 years. Almost every batch with a buddy back in TX. Since I lost my brew buddy I decided to keep the passion alive and join you guys. I've stalked this forum for a few years now, but honestly I wasn't confident in contributing. Where's that line where you don't consider yourself green anymore?

Anyways, I started out like most. I received a brew kit for Christmas one year and that first batch led me down the rabbit hole. Went from stove-top to propane turkey fryers. I've read books by the godfathers, Papazian,Palmer, and Jamil and listen to podcasts. I joined a homebrew club, started tinkering with all-grain, and worked to improve my methods/equipment. More recently, I've been dabbling with water chemistry and mash pH.

Thankfully, I have a supportive wife and two brew dogs to keep me company on my next stage of brewing. I'm currently renovating a section of my basement to be my new brew kitchen. Stoked to have a basement btw, it was such a rarity in Texas. Also, the side-side fridge that was my 4 tap kegerator wouldn't fit in the house so I have been building a keezer. Ton of projects right now...

That's pretty much me and my brew journey in a nutshell. I look forward to being an active member and meeting you guys/gals. Cheers!

Welcome! as far as 'still green', there's always more to try/learn if you want to.....But then, there's word games too! :)

Back