Howdy from Eugene, OR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackshoreJake

Reaction score
Hey there everybody. I figured it's about time to introduce myself.

My name is Jake, I'm a biology student at the University of Oregon. I got into home brewing about three months ago- and have been hooked since first brew. I'm slowly learning the ropes- one mistake at a time! I'm pretty sure that's what brewing is all about. Without the help of the people on this forum I think I'd be lost, or have maybe even quit. But I can always find all my questions answered rite here at HBF. So I'm here, I'm learning, getting better- and upgrading. Just last week I built a kegerator from a friends old mini fridge and got the opportunity to keg my own beer! It may not seem exciting to some of the seasoned brewers out there, but I think its awesome every time I pour out a pint of my own brew- straight from the tap!

Thanks for all the free advice,

Jake

It's exciting every time I pour one of my beers.

I'm from Eugene, OR too!... er, originally, now I live in Pennsylvania.

Is that one brew shop up by Safeway still running? Is it still the only one in town?

There are some great brewers in your area that you could learn a lot from.

Welcome to HBT

You must be talking about Valley Vitner & Brewer! It's still there, and is the only brew shop I have found- though I didn't look around too much. The people in there are good, fun loving, guys who LOVE beer.

You must be talking about Valley Vitner & Brewer! It's still there, and is the only brew shop I have found- though I didn't look around too much. The people in there are good, fun loving, guys who LOVE beer.

That sounds right. Back when I went there it was just one hippy guy with a huge red beard (though I guess that could describe most of Eugene). That's where I got my start, so you could've picked a worse place! :mug:

See ya around!

:mug:Valley Vinter & Brewer moved their shop just a couple blocks from first store. Much nicer and bigger! Got to get back up there this weekend.:mug:

:mug:Valley Vinter & Brewer moved their shop just a couple blocks from first store. Much nicer and bigger! Got to get back up there this weekend.:mug:

Haven't been in around 5-6 years. The shop I remember was barely bigger than a dutch bros though. Only lme, no dme and very limited specialty grains.

:mug:Their grain room is about the size of their old store. Much better. They were at 14th and Willamette, now they are on 13th, just off of Willamette.:mug: Got about everything now.

Actually, there's the Home Fermenter Center as well. That's where my dad goes, they have a pretty good selection, but I've never been to Valley Vintner & Brewer.

Have you been to The Bier Stein? That place is great, I go there every day when I visit home.

Back