Howdy from Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezekiel

Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

I'm here in Austin Texas, brewing up my second (but first in seven years) batch of brew. Something that should be hoppy and red with just enough alcohol (6.5% if all works out) to be interesting.

I'm 28 years old, a father of four, and having worked my wife through school (she's now an ER nurse), I've quit my job and restarted my own education. Four more semesters to a degree in computer science.

I've loved beer since I discovered what existed beyond the dorm room and have always wanted to brew. I got the chance a long time ago, but circumstances (read: putting a wife through school, a very fertile wife that just kept producing children, sometimes at more than one a batch) kept me from really putting in that dedication that the obsession deserves.

But I'm back on it. I have the time and the kids are old enough that I can keep things and not worry about the kids hurting themselves or destroying everything I love.

From my own creeping around the forums, reading old posts, keeping up on the new, this seems like a vibrant, helpful, positive community. I look forward to brewing with y'all.

Ezekiel

I'm from Dallas and I went to school down in Austin. I got my degree in Computer Science about 20 years ago. You will do very well, excellent choice!

Welcome. I live in Dallas, but have spent enough fun time in Austin over the years. Have you been over to Austin Home Brew??

I might as well ride this thread's coattails.

Just pitched my second batch. Got my first out of the primary yesterday, and that fermenter looked TOO EMPTY.

So yeah, I'm new to this. New to Austin, relatively; a year and change. I'm 31, divorced, and work full time at a Honda dealership. I like fast cars and rock music.. :rockin: beer is nice, too.

My inspiration to homebrew was Live Oak Hefeweizen. I had always liked estery German stuff, but getting something local and fresh was an eye-opener. Since I can't find Live Oak in bottles, making it at home was the only option, short of buying it by the keg!

Oh, and I was a CS major for a couple years. Whatev.

Back