How to store 2 gallons of kombucha?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ET11

Reaction score
I just transferred a quarter of my fermented kombucha to the secondary fermentation (in sealed containers).

I need a plan to store all 2 gallons, and I'm not sure of the details on how to store even this quarter that is going into the secondary fermentation.

I put my finished kombucha in champagne bottles. That way I can store the stuff indefinitely.

I put it in 12 oz beer bottles, 1-quart mazon jars, plastic soda bottles... as long as you keep it cold and drink it within a few weeks, it's good. Champagne bottles would be safest for long term storage, like snarf said!

I just transferred a quarter of my fermented kombucha to the secondary fermentation (in sealed containers).

I need a plan to store all 2 gallons, and I'm not sure of the details on how to store even this quarter that is going into the secondary fermentation.
My kombucha keeps for a few weeks in the refrigerator, but the plastic bottles swell up too much with gas, and eventually all the sugar is gone from the taste.

Pasteurized kombucha will last many months, but killing the organisms defeats the purpose of kombucha. A pressurized vessel, stored as close to freezing as possible is the best bet for storage in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back