How to print stickers for Tap tower fish-eye emblems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSR

Reaction score
So I got a used beer tap tower that has Round fish-eye acrylic lens/emblems. I looked around but couldn't find any printable paper that can be printed on the sticky side. Anyone has any idea on how to stick my own beer labels on these.
20220927_143911.jpg

20220927_144016.jpg

It's kind of a metal holder that holds two of these on each side and has led lights in between. I though of using glue stick/glue dots but as you mentioned it would make them blurry.
20220927_152351.jpg

If you just print a round circle label or cut a round circle label to the right size, will it just sit in there without being glued once its put together?

If you just print a round circle label or cut a round circle label to the right size, will it just sit in there without being glued once its put together?
No, there is a gap in between, it would most probably fall back inside.

Very small pieces of scotch tape just along the outer edge?

Or double sided tape? But again, how hard is that going to be to get off and it might not be real clear.

Or clear contact paper. Cut the circle just slightly smaller than it needs to be, leave a small ring for the contact paper to stick to the glass and put it on from the back.

Elmers clear school glue. I use this for labels and keep it thin, soaks off in 5 to 10 minutes. It is crystal clear in the bottle and supposed to dry clear. Hardest part will probbly be trying to get ll the air bubbles out.

It is water based, so probably not for inkjet. Laser print them if you can.

Very small pieces of scotch tape just along the outer edge?

Or double sided tape? But again, how hard is that going to be to get off and it might not be real clear.

Or clear contact paper. Cut the circle just slightly smaller than it needs to be, leave a small ring for the contact paper to stick to the glass and put it on from the back.
I like the idea of using scotch tape, would try that for sure, thanks.

Elmers clear school glue. I use this for labels and keep it thin, soaks off in 5 to 10 minutes. It is crystal clear in the bottle and supposed to dry clear. Hardest part will probbly be trying to get ll the air bubbles out.

It is water based, so probably not for inkjet. Laser print them if you can.
How easy is it to remove the paper later?

What about printing on card stock? Or experiment with printing mirror images on clear label stock (which means you can’t have any white since normal printers can’t print white.)

How easy is it to remove the paper later?
Like I said, I keep the glue thin and it soaks off in 5 to 10 minutes. I just put the bottles I have in a sink of warm water for a few minutes and the labels fall off.

Try it on a scrap bottle with a test print to see how you like it. Personally I use a speedball roller to keep the glue thin.

It is this stuff, says washable on the front.
1664507983496.png

Last edited:
Like I said, I keep the glue thin and it soaks off in 5 to 10 minutes. I just put the bottles I have in a sink of warm water for a few minutes and the labels fall off.

Try it on a scrap bottle with a test print to see how you like it. Personally I use a speedball roller to keep the glue thin.

It is this stuff, says washable on the front. View attachment 782334
I'll give this one a try too. Thanks :mug:

Back