How to prevent beer from sticking in tap spout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorne17

Reaction score
Hello there,

I didn't quite know how to name this thread. I've got two korny kegs hooked up and full of beerbug my keezer. I only drink a pint a couple times a week. If I'm out of town it can be over a week without being poured. But when I come back to pour a nice cold home brew, it's almost as if beer has crusted on the inside and stuck. I can't pull the two handle open easily at all.

In fact those "nice strong thick plastic" black tap handles aren't so strong. I've snapped two in half.

Is there a way to prevent this? I'm making a wood tap handle right now and I'd hate to have it get stuck and I break that nice handle.

Thanks in advance,
Lorne

Switching to forward sealing faucets would help. I switched and haven't had any sticking even when going three weeks without a pour

Definitely, switch to forward sealing faucets. Twice each year mine are left alone for two weeks and the first pour is no different than the last one...

Cheers!

Agree to both above. I switched to perlicks a little after I started kegging. They are a little more expensive, but so worth the money.

Latest posts

Back