How to keep a tower cold???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodstone

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
New to this forum. Just ordered a sweet twin faucet ceramic tower off e-bay for about the same price (or less) as a chrome single faucet and want to use it as the centerpiece for a home bar. I'm planning on putting a small fridge undercounter and running insulated PVC from the top of the fridge to the bottom of the bar. With a cut out, it will connect to the tower for the lines.

Other than a fridge fan to keep the cool air circulating and pushing up, I've also read of one person that used water filled copper tubes that are put in place to surround the lines from the fridge to the tower. Copper conducts well and the water holds temp well and the premise is that the copper and water will cool at fridge level and transfer the cool up to the tower. It won't be as cold at the tap as down below, but a LOT cooler than nothing. I've not been able to Google any other info on this set-up. Anyone with a homebar tower set up? Any other ideas or set-ups out there? :confused:

Thanks, men!

Fridge fans, glycol coolers.. blah de blah. I don't worry much about it. The lines and faucet get cool enough once dispensing starts.

Without seeing the set-up you have planned--I'd be willing to bet you'll be fine with just some foam insulation (like what comes in the towers) to keep it cool enough. The worst thing that will happen is that the first pint you pull might be foamy, but I agree once those beer lines get cold it will be fine.

Back