How to get into the top of chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vNmd

Reaction score
I read a thread I of course can't find now, but they had an external tank of co2 on the outside of their chest freezer and put the tube through the top door of a chest freezer and attached the manifold to the inside top of the freezer. I thought that was a great idea but when I looked at mine I got no idea how to take the top apart. It looks like the magnetic strip is glued on. Do I have to rip it off and re-glue it back on? Also how do I remove the hard plastic inside part of the lid? I don't see any screws.

I have a Holiday 7.0cf

Most lids I've seen have little white plastic buttons that hold the lid liner to the lid. You move the strip to one side or another and then you can access the buttons. If the strip is glued on then yeah, you'll have to remove it (use a putty knife) and then re-glue later.

Put a collar on the keezer and run all the penetrations through the collar. If you go through the lid you'll need to allow extra line length to account for the slack needed to open the lid.

Back