How to convince SWMBO to let you brew more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundsandsuds

Reaction score
Yesterday, after brewing, I told my wife that I've decided to clean the kitchen top to bottom every time I brew.

She said, "I think you should brew everyday, then."

Same Here. She has started to pick up on the fact that after every brew day, both the kitchen as well as the patio are left spotless and sanitized lol.

True, but if you can get your wife to like beer as much as you do, she'll clean up the kitchen for you after you brew. :mug:

After the 2nd batch SWMBO said she didn't like the house smelling so it granted me permission to a propane burner and outdoor full boils.

My beer just placed first in a LHBS competition. When she saw how happy it made me she fully supports my hobby. I haven't put the real money into the hobby yet so that could change! I still need a fermentation fridge, a full outdoor boil setup, a cooler mash tun, and a keg setup. $$$$$

My wife keeps the kitchen pretty clean so it's kind of assumed I will leave it how I found it.

How did I get to brew more? I moved everything to it's own dedicated shed, and 'gave' my wife an even larger area for her crafts and projects. Everyone is a winner :)

After the 2nd batch SWMBO said she didn't like the house smelling so it granted me permission to a propane burner and outdoor full boils.

My wife loves the smell and we're in an apartment. I plan on moving out onto the patio once I have the cash for a propane burner. I think I'll wait for post-Xmas turkey fryer sales.

Slowbie: My wife loves the beer, but since we have a new baby in the house I'm pretty lucky that she doesn't mind me spending a few hours of my days off brewing, rather than splitting the childcare load at that time. Plus, I stay in the good books this way.

i love these threads because of the choice of words from some of the married guys:

that being said, I'm graciously allowed to use the closet of our extra bedroom for my brew closet, and I clean up the kitchen afterwards as well.

This is one of those little gems that gets discovered independently over and over. My SWMBO also noticed that every time I brew the garage ends up WAY cleaner that when I started. She'll look around the garage and say.... "looks like its time to brew!" :D I guess it helps that she really likes my (non-stout) beers... :D

Back