How to add body

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thiagoedwardo

Reaction score
So, i have a lot of fruit from my garden and im experiencing making wine with some of it.
Just finished the secondary for a "cajá" wine, i dont think there is a name for that one outside of brazil, so here they are:
cajá.jpg

So, the wine ended with almost no body at all, nice flavor, nice aroma, but too thin on the mouth.
Any hints on how to improve body on wines? From my beer experience i thought about using dextrin , any other ways?

Opti-white is specifically formulated to have certain properties. Other products made from inactive yeast are used to add nutrients. They will make the wine cloudy if it has already cleared.

One way to add some body is by using glycerin (glycerol). Yeast naturally produce a small amount of glycerin, so adding more is "natural."

Look for food grade vegetable glycerin, not glycerin made from animal products.

Opti-white is specifically formulated to have certain properties. Other products made from inactive yeast are used to add nutrients. They will make the wine cloudy if it has already cleared.

One way to add some body is by using glycerin (glycerol). Yeast naturally produce a small amount of glycerin, so adding more is "natural."

Look for food grade vegetable glycerin, not glycerin made from animal products.
hey, never heard about glycerin for body before, very interesting, will try it on one bottle!

Back