How old are you? How long have you been brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35 (for the 11 year in a row) and brewing for 2 (or is it 3?). HBT has definately helped me improve my technique. Thanks to everyone here!

35years old and my first brew was on 11/2/08 so 1 year and 4 days. I have done about 18 batches of beer, 1 apfelwein (edworts) and 1 mead (JAOM).

29 and been brewing for about a year. I swear its like a disease. I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to brew or build next.

44, brewing off and on since '91.

Took a hiatus for a while, but finding HBT really resparked my interest in the "hobby".
Since joining here, I've gone all-grain, kegging, got a few friends started.

65. 2 Years. This time. First time was 1970; a brief and futile attempt, given the lack of supplies.

Wow, I'm really surprised at how young this forum is. I was under the impression that I was a HBT baby so to speak.

You started brewing at 14? Where were your parents, anyway? Well, since you opened the door, was your early beer crap, and you drank it anyway? How does a 14 year old know what good beer is anyway? Anyway, i'll stop. j/k :)

:eek: Why would... But you... What were you... 17??? Come on. You must be trolling. No one would be stupid enough to post here saying they were 17 years old and think that it wasn't their last post.

Maybe the 17 year old brews with his parents? I mean, my 10 year old brews with me...she doesn't get to drink it, but she helps. By the time she is 17 she will be an expert brewer (if I can still get her to hang out with me at 17...I hear parents become "uncool" at that age....)

44 and brewing for 3 years. But I have been drinking for much longer:cross:

Oh my! I feel really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y old! I'll turn 67 this week Wednesday, 16 October! And I started brewing as a retirement hobby [I retired at 62] so about five years.

So, is there anyone on this list older than I am???

glenn514:mug:

Oh my! I feel really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y old! I'll turn 67 this week Wednesday, 16 October! And I started brewing as a retirement hobby [I retired at 62] so about five years.

So, is there anyone on this list older than I am???

glenn514:mug:

Glenn, thanks to you I'm not the oldest grumpy old man here. :mug: I'm 63 and started brewing in 1972.

Back