How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often

• Every week

• Once every 2 weeks

• Once a month

• Whenever the budget allows

Results are only viewable after voting.

jhhicks

Reaction score
As the title states, how often do you guys brew beer? Given my equipment, I'm thinking about trying to brew every other week for a little while to keep a good cycle of beer going. I'm going to need more bottles though.

I brew mostly in the winter, more so now that my garage is heated. Our summers are short and we have so much to do to get ready for winter, so winter is my slow time for other activities. It would average out to about once a month, a little less.

I was brewing once a month till stove burners gave out a few months ago. Got it fixed & my 1st PM is gunna be 2 weeks old tomorrow.
I have two FV's as well. I'd love to be able to afford to brew every two weeks For a while to get a good pipeline going. Lord knows I have enough bottles for it. I even have 45 Cooper's pet 740ml bottles. That's about 30 of those per 6 gallon batch. I was wanting to get the stuff from LHBS on the 1st to brew my own PM recipe. I want to see how much the grains & gold LME will cost localy vs kit from midwest that was $25. It'd be cool to get what I need from JW Dover for a like price & save the $11.41 shipping.

I'm on hiatus now until after I move, but I usually brew 2 times a month. More if I'm feeling adventurous.

Whenever a carboy free's up i'm brewing.

This is my story but with kegs. I really do not like brewing unless I have a free keg in the pipeline and a plan. This may be 2-3 times a month or none at all in a month. I may brew a single 6.5 gallon batch or I may brew x2 13 galllon batches in one brew day.

I would add an option to the poll that is "irregularly".

I used to brew every two weeks. Been down to once a month for awhile now. But now that I'm into the swing of things in my new work situation, I'm trying to get back to about every three weeks. At this point it's really about moving the beer. I rarely have visitors because of my work schedule and now having two kids, so even though my kegs aren't all full, I just don't need to brew more often.

I want to brew, or average, twice a month. This month, I'm brewing three times. I have enough empty kegs for two batches right now, but have one batch that will go to keg this week (started on the 10/6, so it's good to go to keg anytime this week). I brewed a batch yesterday, which will go to keg early next month. The batch I'm brewing this coming Saturday will be several months in process (a BIG barley wine) so I'm ok there. I do have the kegs it will go into already set aside (a pair of 2.5 gallon kegs).

Over the past year, or so, I've been brewing about once a month. This was due to not being able to brew at home, so having to go to a friend's place to brew. We would both brew batches, so it was more based on his availability and such. Not much of an issue, just had to be sure to pace myself better. Now that I have a place where I can brew freely, I'm planning to do so. There could be times when I brew every weekend, or go a month (or more) between batches.

BTW, I aim to hit the 100 gallon mark this year, or come damned close to it. I was able to get there the first full year I brewed, so it's more a personal goal. Next year, I should easily hit that mark.

I brew once a month on average but I always brew 11 gallon batches so 115 bottles of beer per month which is more than enough. My wife drinks about 1/4 of it, I drink 1/2 of it and 1/4 is given away to friends/family.

I usually brew every week for 2-3 weeks straight, then don't brew again for 4-6 weeks. Right now I have 9g of Bananas Foster in secondary, 9G of Fashionably Late PA dry-hopping, and one full keg of Pumpkin Lager, plus a Belgian Dubbel that's bout to kick. I have about 3 cases of bottled beer ATM, too, one of which isn't carbed yet.

I tend to drink a lot of my beer, so I have to brew once to twice a month on average, 9G batches.

I've brewed 103 gallons since January.

At first I was like "WHOA!!!" then I was like "oh okay." :)

Yeah it's tough really to discuss brewing 3bbl batches here, but not quite big enough to be a regular over at PB so I fall in between the cracks currently. I feel like it sounds like bragging sometimes which is not what I mean to do at all because I am learning a ton of info from this forum that would be remedial at the other site.

I brew about once a month. Like ABG, I don't give that much away... I just got a new chest freezer, so I should be brewing every two weeks to fill it..Yeah!!!!

Not near often enough. When I just started and was bottling I always had 2-3 cases in pipeline. Now I am having a hard time keeping my kegs filled. I of course, also have others drinking off the kegs as well now, I am trying to get into AG, and Newish home maintenance is taking up all of my brewing time.

I just wanna brew beer. I hate drywalling. I dont wanna find new roomate(s)... I just need some brewing zen time.

I've started small batch, all grain, biab brewing every two weeks. I've been doing 2-3 gallon batches, but I'd like to scale back to 1-2 gallons, honestly.I enjoy brewing and trying different things and small batch brewing is a great way to go. Small batches are awesome for new all grain brewers, like me. Make mistakes with 2 gallons instead of 5! Get lots of repetition!

This is my story but with kegs. I really do not like brewing unless I have a free keg in the pipeline and a plan. This may be 2-3 times a month or none at all in a month. I may brew a single 6.5 gallon batch or I may brew x2 13 galllon batches in one brew day.

I would add an option to the poll that is "irregularly".

Well yeah, same deal here. Keg goes empty, carboy fills keg, kettle fills carboy. I've got a 4-tap kegerator at my place, usually have 2-3 carboys ready to rack once a keg kicks. It's a vicious cycle :mug:

Now i've got another 3-tap kegerator going in at our ski condo that a few friends and I are sharing, might have to ramp up the brewing depending on how hard they hit that.

One week after first taste of previous batch. So, usually every six weeks. Seven weeks after my two espresso stouts, and 16 weeks after the quadrupel.

I'm too impatient and usually brew every 2 weeks or so, maybe sometimes every week, even if I don't have a plan for the stuff. It's way too much fun.

It's hard to vote for 2 things at once. I brew once a month, maybe like 4-6 weeks between brewing days, so long as the budget allows.

I am all over the place sometimes twice a week sometime 3 weeks in between brews. I started brewing aug 27 so far I'm at 53 gallons. Just switched to ag so I gotta brew this weekend to try it out.:rockin:

Luckily swmbo likes to brew and drink with me.:mug:

Back