How mutch nutmeg and cinnamon should I use in a 1 gal batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerDaddy94

Reaction score
Hi guys, im very new to brewing Ive only made one batch so far. I'm thinking this next batch Im going keep it simple with 1lb of DME and about 1/2 ounce of hops pellets. 1/4 at the of the boil and 1/4 towards the end. I also want to a little nutmeg and cinnamon. Ive heard that about 1 pinch of cinnamon and 1/2 pinch of nutmeg will do the trick. Does this sound right?

Also will that give the yeast enough sugars to consume during fermentation for a decent ABV or should i give it something else?

Also will that give the yeast enough sugars to consume during fermentation for a decent ABV or should i give it something else?

A pound of DME in a gallon of wort will give you an original gravity of about 1.044. How much that attenuates (and thus your ABV) will depend largely on the yeast strain you use, but you're probably looking at something in the 4-5% ABV range. What yeast strain are you using?

Nottingham High performance ale yeast

Attachments

• 20201101_122317.jpg
    20201101_122317.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
A pound of DME in a gallon of wort will give you an original gravity of about 1.044. How much that attenuates (and thus your ABV) will depend largely on the yeast strain you use, but you're probably looking at something in the 4-5% ABV range. What yeast strain are you using?
I just finished up the batch and had an OG of about 1.038. Granted i dropped my thermometer in water while in the middle of everything so i didn't get an accurate temperature when i measured it 😓

Back