How much would you pay for a Sanyo 4.9 cu ft fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-bear

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking to build a kegerator and i was looking online for used mini fridges. I've seen a few of the sanyo 4.9 cu ft fridges and have seen that this is a popular model to use. How much would a good price be for a used model of this fridge/ how much would you pay?

The sanyo 4.9 cu ft fridge is probably the best mini-fridge for conversion but they have become very hard to find.

The next best mini-fridge is a DANBY Model DAR44BL - you can order one from wal-mart online and have it delivered to your nearest wallyworld store, often by the next day. The DANBY is narrower than the Sanyo and pin lock kegs will only fit if they are staggered.

Here are some instructions for doing your own conversion.
http://www.kegkits.com/kegerator1.htm

t-bear said:
Hey guys im looking to build a kegerator and i was looking online for used mini fridges. I've seen a few of the sanyo 4.9 cu ft fridges and have seen that this is a popular model to use. How much would a good price be for a used model of this fridge/ how much would you pay?

Since it's not really a commodity or collectable item, it has much more to do with what you're willing to pay to get what you want. A less ideal model might be cheaper, so you have to ask yourself if you're okay with paying that much more for a better fridge. It also varies a LOT depending on the area you live in.

Just check your local Craigslist and other classifieds, it's really not difficult to get a sense of the going rates.

thanks for the info and the link...i just found out my friend has a mini fridge that hes not using and is willing to part with it for $20 bucks which sounds like a pretty good deal to me. The only problem is that i think it has a freezer section in the fridge and i'm not sure how that will affect the conversion. I'm waiting for him to send me a picture of the fridge and model number. I know that ive seen people bend the freezer part back and work around it, thats not exactly what i wanted to do, but for 20 bucks it seems like i might have to go that route.

Any suggestions on working with a fridge with the freezer section in it?

Some have had success carefully folding the coil back against the back wall of the fridge. The only one I know of who tried it locally ended up loosing all of the freon 2 weeks later. He asked me if I could "fix it" and I said "nope". But for $20.00 you could try yourself.

Back