How much does it cost you for your CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosetav

Reaction score
New to kegging and have an empty 5# tank. Tried searching but couldn't find an answer. About how much does it cost you guys to fill 'em up?

Last one I did was ten bucks for a 5# bottle. Make sure you keep ur bottle if its a good one, some places exchange only.

I wish that it was that cheap around Boston. I pay $15-$17 for a 5#. Most places only charge a few dollars more for a 10#. I'm thinking that I need one of those soon...

I got a 20# tank and swap it out at the local welding supply for $18.50 out the door.

Check into swaps if you have the room for a 20# tank.

I get my 20# co2 tank filled for $8 from a vendor of mine. They are an industrial/medical gas supplier. The huge price break comes from the fact that I buy hundreds of oxygen cylinders from them a year! It used to be free, but I now have two(2) 20# co2 tanks and a 20# n2 tank and I don't want to abuse my vendor

It is $28 to fill my 10 lb tank at a local fire extinguisher/alarm place. My new 20 lb tank will be here next Tuesday, so I will know then what the difference is.....

$19 for a 5# fill from a local welding supply company 5 minutes, OR $15 from a paintball store 15 minutes away. The paintball store also sells new 5# tanks full for $80.

$8 from the local Airgas HQ for a 5# tank. Bring your own tank in and they don't exchange (or at least I didn't ask as my tank was brand spankin' new).

I pay 5 dollars to fill a 5 LB tank at tops liquor or at sun devel liquor here in phoenix. I just filled two 5 LB bottles and got a mixed sixer of beers for 16 dollars on tuesday

About $14 at my local welding supply house, exchanged. $15 at the HBS, filled while-you-wait. The HBS is open weekends, also, where the welding supply is not.

That said, the welding supply guys "upgraded" me to an aluminum tank on a swap a few weeks ago. Score!

I pay 5 dollars to fill a 5 LB tank at tops liquor or at sun devel liquor here in phoenix. I just filled two 5 LB bottles and got a mixed sixer of beers for 16 dollars on tuesday

Tops rocks at only $1/lb. There is a beer store near me in Gilbert that charged me $4/lb to fill my 5lb tank. Since that fill up I went out and bought a second tank so I can fill the extra one up at Tops whenever I'm up in Tempe.

$12 to fill my 5# cylinder @ r.e.lyons fire extinguisher supplier.Most welding supply dont let u keep ur pretty little tank only exchange!!!Try a fire ext supplier or paintball supplier!!

I get my 20# co2 tank filled for $8 from a vendor of mine. They are an industrial/medical gas supplier. The huge price break comes from the fact that I buy hundreds of oxygen cylinders from them a year! It used to be free, but I now have two(2) 20# co2 tanks and a 20# n2 tank and I don't want to abuse my vendor

^^^
I'm in the same boat, one of welding supply customers gives me an employee discount cost + 5%. I got a 20lb & 5lb.Co2 and a 20 lb propane filled for $16. :D

5lbs 13$ for an exchange or I can pick my tank up the next day.

I went to Ace and they quoted me $30 bucks. Reflexively I shouted out a good and hearty 'holy ****' and had to explain to the guy why. "Well thats what the going rate for paint ball tanks"

I paid $22 for a 20# exchange at home depot. The great thing is, I had an old steel tank, and they traded me for a what looks like a new aluminium tank!

i use a fire extinguisher maintenence company. costs are $11 for a 5lb and $20 for 20lb.

edit:eek:h yeah refill while you wait just call ahead to make sure a tech is in.

The LHBS is 2$/lb but I can exchange my 20# tank at another welding supply store for ~21$ and the tanks I started with was junk in comparison.

Back