How much do you drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say I am 1 to 2 per weeknight and about 6 on the weekends. My normal routine is a homebrew with dinner, then another while watching TV. On Fridays I buy a sixer of some different micro and that usually last me until Sunday. Then on Sunday its normally just 1 while watching football. :mug:

My wife is fine with brewing. She usually buys me a bottle of single malt scotch for my birthday and then winds up drinking 90% of it. Must be the kids driving her to drink!

My wife has no issues with my brewing and does not worry about what I drink. I generally am economical about my brewing and my equipment (plastic buckets for primaries), but when I say that I need something, she tells me to go ahead and get it, because it will get good use. Her perspective is that it takes so much careful time and energy to brew good beer, she does not want me to lose batches or craft poor beer.

If there are too many bottles lining up on the dishwasher, she asks me to take them to the basement, or will actually even do it herself. Never hassles me about how much I consume. Guess I made the right choice, too. Of course, the fact that I do most of the shopping and cook most of the meals doesn't hurt, either.

Geez, am I the only person on here who doesn't get boatloads of cr*p from my wife about brewing?

Not at all. SWMBO is quite happy with me brewing and always has been. Like yours, she's not so much into the hops, but she loves the porters and stouts, so I make sure she has enough on hand.

TL

I usually have 1 or 2 every weeknight (more if friends come over). But on the weekends it could easily be 12 a day, but whose counting. My wife is pretty much used to it and doesn't care, she knew I was like this before we got married.

I tend to be on the 1 - 3 pints weekdays and a slight to drastic increase on the weekends. My SWMBO likes to drink with me so I guess you can say I never need to make born-on dates for me beers. :) Although the ongoing joke around my house is a 3 beer limit, you can drink as many as you wish just when asked you are always on your third. You know thinking about it now it seems much funnier after a few beers, that's strange...

:mug:

Really alcoholism has little to do with how much you drink, although drinking excessively is not good either, but more with how you react to alcohol and how you treat it. I have 1 of 2 a night but if I was to hide those 1 or 2 and was addicted to having those beers I just may be an alcoholic.

Latest posts

Back