How much brew per week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many pints (average) do you drink?

• Only 2 or 3 pints per week

• Maybe a pint or two per day

• Two or three pints per day

• More than three pints per day

Results are only viewable after voting.

fsinger

Reaction score
I am very curious to see how much people consume of their brew every week, even though I'm sure my wife won't be convinced that I should have more!

well, i'm sure i'm not the norm but when i'm out sweating around in the yard - a basic icehouse will do to keep the heat at bay. but when i'm relaxed on the front porch or at the grille or eating - only a home brew will do...so yes tell the wife you need more

I try to drink a homebrew a day, but sometimes it's just not in the cards. When I do find a good evening to drink one, I always have two instead. I usually start with my Pale ale (which I'm trying to get rid of. It didn't turn out quite right and I don't want share with friends) Then I move on to one of the "good" beers.

I try to limit myself to one big (40 oz.) or two small(20 oz.) bottle(s) per day on weekdays. On weekends when I'm home, I watch the new batch bubble and hope the old one will last until the new one is ready. I really don't know if it's a healthy hobby, but it sure is fun! When my liver finally goes I'll take up knitting or stamp collecting or something.

Until then,

Cheers!

During my M-F work week I usually have one or two beers in the morning around 9 am (i work grave shift, lol). Saturday, maybe 4-6. Sunday, none. Of course this alway varys depending on my mood, company coming over, parties, blah blah. Im still trying to polish off the rest of this case of Arrogant Bastard 22's I bought. But the usual staple around here is Widmer Hefe, Bridgeport IPA, or Mirror Pond. Whats great about living in Portland is the beer isles at all of the grocery stores are about a mile long. (all local micros & crafts). I never get sick of any one perticular style or brand.

Now that I have started homebrewing Im sure I will be changing my beer drinking routine!! I just had few bottles of my very first batch this weekend. Delish! They had only been bottle conditioned about a week, and im sure they will even get better with age. I cant wait to bottle up my other 2nd and 3rd batches that are fermenting in my closet right now. I'll tell you what, this is a damn addicting hobby! :D

I probably drink 2 beers on 3-4 nights in any given week. Usually not anymore than that. Occasionally I'll have a few people over from the Jeep club or whatever and I'll polish off quite a few more than that, but the older I get the harder it is to drink like I used to. :)

I think the reasons why we drink as much or as little as we do has nothing to do with our age as much as it has to do with the wisdom we gained from our experience as to "why we drink".

For the most part, why and how much is really relative to who we are with and what we are doing when we drink.

I drink alone. By many "standards" that means I am a alcoholic. I do not drink with the intent of seeing how much I can drink or how big a buzz I can get.

Each society has its own "standards", I presume, based upon the general population, and/or the societal problems the alcohol produces.

Having a few beers and getting stinky drunk are two sides of the spectrum. I admit I have seen both sides and prefer the "few" over the "too many".

I like to drink my homebrew. I do not frequent bars. The last time I was in a bar was in Feb. I don't remember the time before that, but that has nothing to do with my memory, etc., just that it's been a long time.

My $0.02. :D

Back in my college days i drank alot....pretty much up until i turned 21 then I lost interest in getting fit shaced, and didn't really drink at all for about another year. This was about the time that I was introduced to home brew and realized that brewing my own was something I needed to do :D

Anymore though there are days that I'll have 3-4 pints, then there are times I won't feel like a drink for weeks or months (though now that my brewcraft is improving its typically just a few days ;) )

My suggestion is that so long as we don't hurt ourselves (too much) or others just eat, drink and be merry.

Ed,
I live in Seattle, but buy Mirror Pond whenever I can. I made a clone of it, but I was just learning and it was not so good. The Arrogant Bastard I save for when my wife wants me to have "just one beer". She doesn't understand the label. I also keep Fin du Monde for the same reason (10% alcohol). One 22oz give a good buzz, and is just right for my taste.

You tried Mac&Jack African Amber? It's brewed here in Redmond, WA. It tastes similar to Mirror Pond to me.

Back