How Much Blueberries??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFSal

Reaction score
I have a recipe for a Raspberry Weizen that I would like to try out but would like to use some recently acquired blueberries instead of raspberries. The recipe calls for 5-10 lbs. of raspberries for a 5.5 gallon batch but I'm thinking since blueberries are smaller that a greater weight is needed for them to achieve the flavor in the recipe. This is where I could use some help. I'm not looking to clone a Wild Blue, way too much sweetness there, just looking for an easy drinking beer with a subtle, but noticeable, blueberry aroma and taste. Any help is appreciated!

Thank You! I was way off in thinking I needed almost double that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I did a strawberry blonde that had a 1lb of strawberries for each gallon. Thought about doing that one again, but save one gallon to do a blueberry version.

Maybe you can do something similar. 4 gallons with raspberries and 1 gallon with blueberries.

I have a recipe book and it didn't have one for anything with blueberries, every other fruit but. I like the recipe and a friend of mine had just gone blueberry picking and had a ton that he was practically giving away. First thing I thought was "I could do a beer with those."

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back