How much are you paying for CO2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoppaFarms

Reaction score
I just filled my tank at a local Airgas. They're the only place I can find within like 40 miles of me. After tax and everything 5lbs cost me $25.72.

I just filled my tank at a local Airgas. They're the only place I can find within like 40 miles of me. After tax and everything 5lbs cost me $25.72.

Haggle with them! If you have good interpersonal skills you can talk them down. They have brackets for pricing and they are charging you the high end of the bracket. I have an industrial account for various gasses and I have then set my pricing for me. That way I keep getting the same. It should be around $16-17 otd for a 5# tank.

Just got my filled 20 minutes ago 16.85 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I "acquired" a used 20# tank, and couldn't care less about hanging on to it. Plus, when I finally got around to start kegging it was way out of hydro. So I took it to my local airgas and swapped it (for a nicer looking one) for 28 bucks.

Same for me at Airgas. Then the guy told me a 10# tank fill was only $2 more so I upgraded to a 10# cylinder and cut my gas costs in half.

I get my 20 # tanks exchanged for 20 bucks at a place next to where I work here in New York

the last time I went in they did not have any 20 s :( so they gave me a 50 # tank for the price of a 20 # tank :)

got it home then I realized a 50 is almost as big as my refrigerator

all the best

S_M

I swap at Central Welding and have a club deal. It's either $12 or $13 for a 10lb Al tank. (I can't remember)

Any Washington State home brewers tell them 'Washington Home' account to get in on the deal. It used to be just for our club but we expanded it for everyone. The more people use it, the cheaper it gets.

I honestly don't know anymore. Every time I get a fill it's a different price. I've had it filled for $10-$25. It's the same place too. I can't figure it out. When I ask, they tell me the price changed.

$28.00 for a 25# and 5#

I didn't go to AirGas...Too many requirements/restrictions. Local syrup shop does it for way less.

LHBS in the Seattle area seem to be $15-$25 for a 5lb. Gas suppliers are less and the marijuana grow supply stores are advertising 20lb tank swaps for $20 all over Craig's List.

Airgas exchange for $16.
I like the exchange, because you never have to worry about re-certification (at least in my experience).

Best thing about my local Airgas....you try to bring a tank in the front door & they yell "NO TANKS INSIDE!!!! LEAVE THEM ON THE DOCK!!!"
Next time, leave it outside, come in empty handed and ask for an exchange, & they look at you like you're stupid.

Airgas was $20+ the one time I've gotten a refill. I sugar prime most of my kegs (except lagers and Kolsch), so I get 12-16 cornies out of one refill.

I keep waiting for it to kick, I'm sure it'll be soon.

Airgas in Frederick MD $20 cheapest I have found around here, Roberts O2 is who I was using about $23 after tax

Airgas after all the damn fees and tax 23$ and change, local homebrew shop 18.00$, for small cylinder. There is another place but the guy is hard to deal with and I haven't been there in a while.

20# costs 16 bucks, but that was 5 years ago.. Don't know what they will charge me now because they have to retest the tanks and that cost more than the fill.

$17 for 5lb fill and $20 for 20lb exchange. Once my 5lber runs out it will be used as emergency back-up or portable on camping trips.

Back