How many pounds of roasted coffee in 2022?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three 5lb bags from Klatch, and 22 1lb bags from Sweet Maria's last year.

So, that's 37# of green beans, approximately 27.75# of roasted coffee. If the "lose a quarter of the weight after roasted" rule of thumb is correct. I don't know... never tested it.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I just realised that this is for THIS year. Doh!

1/17/22 6x.5 = 3.0lb
Chirripo Corazon de Jesus Costa Rica
Santa Ana Pacas El Salvador
Winter Special: Honey Genji Ethiopia
Agaro Duromina Ethiopia-
amazon prime coffee brazil
Org SHG EP COMSA Honduras

1/1/22 5x.5 = 2.5lb
Organic Dry Process Refisa Ethiopia
Productores de Lempira Honduras
Terruño Nayarita Org Washed Gr. 1 Mexico
Blue Moon RFA Org Bali
Urrao Valle de Penderisco Colombia

@El Whedo, I have always just used the weight of the greens beans before roasting for my posts.

Roasted six different 3/4lbs batches so far this year, so a total of 4.5lbs.
5.5 + 4.5 = 10 pounds so far.
056C1A0E-5A06-47D7-BAF6-24C2B3282BE9.jpeg
9691D914-8544-4D78-B906-94C2192CA4E2.jpeg
573EA11D-16C0-4645-B557-857ED9E36072.jpeg
C5F5439A-92B0-4E10-92B4-D1BCC6DFF24C.jpeg
6E97054C-F64E-479A-805D-3B8FC6DC748A.jpeg
390FA765-D7A5-4D30-9BFC-DA3C5A45E000.jpeg

I have been doing maybe 6 green pounds a month. My wife and I use half of it for cold brew, and the other half I sell off to friends. So probably 70 or so pounds in 2022. I get my beans in bulk from Bodhi leaf importer maybe 60+lb at a time.

I'd try to sell more but it's a pain to keep following up with people to see if they want fresh roasted coffee. Lots of people use pods, or get their coffee from wherever at roughly the same price and they just don't care that it's not 'fresh roasted'.

I have been doing maybe 6 green pounds a month. My wife and I use half of it for cold brew, and the other half I sell off to friends. So probably 70 or so pounds in 2022. I get my beans in bulk from Bodhi leaf importer maybe 60+lb at a time.

I'd try to sell more but it's a pain to keep following up with people to see if they want fresh roasted coffee. Lots of people use pods, or get their coffee from wherever at roughly the same price and they just don't care that it's not 'fresh roasted'.
Did you roast 6lbs last month or 70lbs? Either way that’s impressive! What roaster are you using? I don’t blame you for the hassle part of not wanting to deal with it. I entertained trying to sell some coffee but I didn’t want to deal with hassles like that and the time commitment. So I just roast coffee for our family and extra for gifts for extended family and friends.
If you haven’t seen the popular coffee thread you should check it out. Lots of good information and people there that share a lot of knowledge too.
Back on topic. Roasted 3/4lbs of Ethiopian beans last night.
18.63 + 0.75 = 19.28lbs

I have a drum roaster that i use with my grill, capacity is 7.5 max so I usually do around 6 at a time and usually only need to do that once a month. Right now splitting between decaf and regular. Here is a link to my roaster : 6 lb Coffee Roasting Drum | RK Drums - Professional Batch Roasters. I have the rotisserie kit, etc had to mount the motor to the deck on my old grill but i've been roasting with this for about 6 years so I have gotten my money's worth for sure!

I got tired of roasting 2+ times a week when I initially made the decision on the drum, I was using an old popcorn popper initially and it worked ok but it required a ton of babysitting as well, and terrible heat control.

Did you roast 6lbs last month or 70lbs? Either way that’s impressive! What roaster are you using? I don’t blame you for the hassle part of not wanting to deal with it. I entertained trying to sell some coffee but I didn’t want to deal with hassles like that and the time commitment. So I just roast coffee for our family and extra for gifts for extended family and friends.
If you haven’t seen the popular coffee thread you should check it out. Lots of good information and people there that share a lot of knowledge too.
Back on topic. Roasted 3/4lbs of Ethiopian beans last night.
18.63 + 0.75 = 19.28lbs

looks like I missed your post pshankstar and I think the total should of been 19.38

should be 19.38lbs + 2.5lb = 21.88lb

50.29 + 3 = 53.29

this is what I roasted today while mash water was heating
6x0.5lb
Dry Process Guji Buku Ethiopia
Gera Nano Challa Ethiopia-
Xinabajul Santa Barbara Guatemala
Kerinci Tujuh Cooperative Sumatra
Finca Miravalle Tabi El Salvador
San Vicente Comunidad Cabañas Honduras

Just noticed this sub, been focused on beer lately. Been roasting coffee for a while, buy my beans from Sweet Maria's mostly. Just me so I usually roast 12 oz or so a week. Wife is hooked on Peets Sumatra decaf. All the decaf I've roasted for her she complains about so let her buy it. I lean a lot for African coffees, a lot of Ethiopia's, Kenya, Burundi, but I like some Colombia. I'm using a Behmor 1600+ been a workhorse, had to fix it a few times and the upgrade from 1600 to 1600+. Big improvement. Does what I need and well.

55.54+12=67.54

Since January 21st, roasted:

3# Papua New Guinea Organic Purosa AX FTO
3# Indian Mysore Nuggets 'Extra Bold'
1# Kenya Organic Muiri Estate
1# Yemen Mocca Khulani Natural
1# Mexico La Laja Honey Process
1# Ethiopia Organic Yirgacheffe FTO
1# Kenya Peaberry Plus 15/16
1# Four Horsemen CBC Blend

Gave my Behmor 1600+ a much needed cleaning inside and out yesterday too. Nearly 4 years of use and still going strong.

Roasted 934 grams of Guatemala Libertad del Cerro on 18 March, All these were done today the 24th, 2,287 grams of Rwanda Isimbi, 2,328 grams Guatemala Libertad del Cerro, 2,290 grams of Panama Boquete Camiseta Estate, 3,000 grams of Colombia Aratoca Mildred Munoz solar dried natural, 3000 grams Ethiopia Dumerso Durshaye Ferenju raised bed natural, and 2,282 grams of El Salvador Las Lomos.
16,121 grams for total = 35.54 pounds

71.45 + 35.54 = 106.99 lbs

todays roast session, 6x0.5lb
Kintamani Natural RFA Org Bali
Terruño Nayarita Org Washed Gr. 1 Mexico
SHB EP Dota Tarrazu - Santa Maria Costa Rica
Yirgacheffe Natural Gr. 1 - Gedeb Chelchele Ethiopia
Kiambu Fram Farm AB kenya
Mount Elgon RFA - Sironko Budadiri Uganda

106.99 + 3 = 109.99

Back