How many kegs do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux

Reaction score
How often do you get to fill them up?

Keezer or kegerator?

I own 10. Currently 4 on tap..and the other 6 (as of tonight) are all full and waiting for a spot to open up. On tap I have Oatmeal Stout, Kolsch, APA, Hefe...lined up is 5 gal more of APA and Hefe....then 10 gal of Vanilla Coffee Stout and 10 gal of IPA!

I have 2 kegerators...2 taps per

THEDIETZ said:
I own 10. Currently 4 on tap..and the other 6 (as of tonight) are all full and waiting for a spot to open up. On tap I have Oatmeal Stout, Kolsch, APA, Hefe...lined up is 5 gal more of APA and Hefe....then 10 gal of Vanilla Coffee Stout and 10 gal of IPA!

I have 2 kegerators...2 taps per

Lucky! I just got 2 ball lock legs all cleaned up and rebuilt. Excited to not have to bottle.

I have 8 5 gal and 1 3 gal. Fridge has 3 taps...may add a 4th for the 3 gal that will fit in there as well on the back "hump" next to the 20 lb CO2 tank. But the 4th tap on the manifold is what I use for the beer gun....oh well. 3 kegs are currently empty but 2 batches are in fermenters. I've never been able to get them all full.....I still bottle some beers.

zero.. single father of two girls.. but tax returns are coming up

Right now, I have in them:
1. English Style IPA
2. Nut Brown Ale
3. Captain Hooked on Bitters (ESB) (Red Hook ESB clone)
4. Blue Balls (Blue Moon Clone)
5. Vienna SMaSH
6. Root Beer
across a keezer and upright converted refrigerator
7. Star San
8, 9 waiting for next brews - #8 about to be used to condition/dry hop a Sierra Nevada Celebration clone.

Sometimes when they are getting close to empty I will just bottle the rest as I am afraid I will run out of kegs/space to keep them cold. :)

Gear101 said:
zero.. single father of two girls.. but tax returns are coming up

I found mine on here for 35 each, in pretty good shape.

none. The funds don't allow that much at the moment, but it is on the list.

Started in July an have done extract, partial mash and all grain. Just got 2 ten gallon ss pots. Craigslist buy, extra heavy duty ones, $100 for both. Have ordered valves, sight glass & thermometer.

4 kegs and I fill appx every 4 weeks 1 keg so if I brew once a week or so they stay regularly filled. And I have a 7.2 cf keezer I made using a build right here on hbt.

14 5g ball locks and holding. They were all filled the week before Thanksgiving, but we kicked four kegs over the holidays so inventory is at a low point: I'm currently serving from six kegs, have two more all chilled, carbed and ready, and I just kegged two more on Sunday and they're now cooling down and gassing up. Four empties sitting in the corner waiting their next assignments...

Cheers!

5 five gallon and one 3 gallon. I'm slacking big time with the kegging, but I have one kegged and 3 batches fermenting right now. Hoping to convert my Sanyo in the next couple days.

How do you keep your other beers cold that aren't in kegerator? I just ordered 4 kegs (single handle, but $25 each, 150ish shipped w/ 5 o-ring sets) and a whole bunch of other stuff as I'm building out my kegerator... (freezer style) that will hold 4+1 on hump... I'm setting it up with 4 taps...
Am only starting on brewing, as my first is fermenting... but I didn't care to deal with bottles and know I will continue to brew and move on after a few more to all grain...

How do you keep your other beers cold that aren't in kegerator? [...]

In my case, in addition to the keezer my femto brewery includes a pair of 17cf top-freezer fridges. One is always cold for carbing and holding finished product, yeast and hop storage, white wine chilling, etc, the other I use for everything from warm weather fermentation to cold crashing to chilling and carbing.

All of them look new, all were rescued from Craig's List for $300, total...

Cheers!

I don't know that my garage will have room for anymore... have soda/extra fridge (may be able to store a keg in there), deep freezer (food) and now deep freezer (kegerator)... both freezers are 7cuft...

Two tapped keezer and 6 kegs. I try to only have five full incase I get antsy and want to run a cleaner/sanitizer.

I have 18 five gallon ball locks and 1 3 gallon ball lock and my keezer will hold 5. I probably paid an average of $20/keg when I bought them and figure if I ever sell them I could probably get double that.

I have five 5gal kegs. My fridge holds 3+co2, or 4 without. currently only one is filled, but about to take that up to 4 Thursday. I'm still using picnic taps on all of them.

I have 8 kegs. 3 full of a 50 litre batch pale ale, 3 with a German style Lager, one Root Beer and one is empty but will have drinking water in it. I wish I had a couple more. I have 6 taps but am only running brew thru three.

12 five gallon kegs. 6 in the keezer at a time with ~4 ready to go in. The others are nice to have in case I am slacking on my drinking. Double brew days help keep these filled.

I've got 5 kegs and space in the fridge to serve four. I'm still using picnic tabs and will someday get around to either installing taps or building a keezer.

I have 4 right now. Currently only have 2 taps out of 3 working as I just built my kegerator. I figure once all 3 are up and running I need Atleast 2 more possible 3 just to stay ahead. I like to have 1 keg filled with sanitizer to make cleaning quick and easy. Also this will let me naturally carbonate since I don't have any more room for fridges. I definately don't want to have to wait for a beer to carb again to drink my brew. It doesn't last too long around here :)

I have 1 keg boil kettle, 1 15.5 g Sanke Fermentor, 1 10 g Sanke fermentor, and 2 corny kegs. I like metal over anything else.

Hatchbrew said:
I have 1 keg boil kettle, 1 15.5 g Sanke Fermentor, 1 10 g Sanke fermentor, and 2 corny kegs. I like metal over anything else.

How do you clean the sanke fermenter?

11 cornies. 10 5gallon and 1 2.5G. Have a kegerator that holds 2 and a chest freezer that holds 8. Chest freezer doesn't have dispensing capabilities...it's for on-deck kegs for the kegerator, jumping to the 2.5G and bottling for comps/giveaways.

Currently have 7 cornys and 1 1/6 barrel sanke style from my friends brewery. (Always keep an add up on CL for more though)

I have room for 4 in my keezer with three on tap at all times and the others are chillin in the corner of our bedroom waiting for their rotation...I have a good pipeline, so I mostly naturally carbonate my kegs.

So what temp range is ok to store beer in them outside of fridge? To naturally carb... what do you do to seal and purge oxygen from keg before storing/carbing?

Also what beers are best aged warm like this?

Does that mean you run the cleaning line through the sanke ball fitting and suck out the trub?

No.

You remove the spear and either buy a keg adapater or make your own.

You clean them with a DIY recirculating keg washer (iow a pipe and submersible pump) onto which you invert the keg.

centex99 said:
So what temp range is ok to store beer in them outside of fridge? To naturally carb... what do you do to seal and purge oxygen from keg before storing/carbing?

Treat them like a batch of bottles, just use 1/3 cup of priming sugar. If you are in mid to high 60's you will be fine. One thing to remember is to purge the o2 with your co2 this will also help seal the lid.

Room temp.

Gas it, then bleed it (pressure valve or through poppet).

Anything not lager.

Latest posts

Back