How many gallons of homebrew in 2011?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+5 honey hef
+5 brown ale
+5 apricot ale
+5 Santa's spring ale
+5 Sierra Nevada pale ale clone
+5 doggy style pale ale
+5 smoked porter
+5 Irish red
+5 hobgoblin clone

15,401 math check?

+15 doggy style pale ale +5 redhook ESB clone. 15,356

OK, just follow me on this.

I had a cream ale that I brewed and I added a +5 gallons to the total. Well, I got the idea to make a strawberry cream ale instead so yesterday I pasteurized 4 lbs. of strawberries by letting them sit in 150°F water for 30 minutes. I noticed at the end of the 30 minutes that quite a bit of juice had made it's way into the water and I didn't want to lose that flavor. On top of that the cream ale was to be a session beer anyway, so I added the strawberries and the gallon of water they were sitting in to my secondary vessel. I then racked on top of it making this a 6 gal batch instead of a 5 gal batch. I'm now adding that 1 extra gallon since it will add 1 gallon to the finished product. Therefore:

15,356 + 1 gallon watery strawberry stew beer was racked onto = 15,357.

5 Gallons of "Arrogant Kitteh"

+ 5
= 15705 gallons brewed

P.s. If your post doesn't start with something like "xx gallons of xx brewed," then this thread isn't the place for it.

Hmm. I haven't added any of my totals on here yet this year!
3/14 5 gallons Amber
3/24 5 gallons American Lite Lager
4/32 5 gallons Strawberry Blonde Ale
5/4 5 gallons Oktoberfest

20 gallons total so far!

15725!

10 American Pale Ale
5 Amarillo IPA
5 Witibier
5 English Pale Ale - Fracture Ale
+ 15710

Back