How many gallons of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made 2 batches and have ingredients for 2 more coming from the LHBS. I'll post when they are brewed as well.

This is the first beer I've wanted to make more than once.

370 + 10 = 380

Let's see it.

10lbs Two-row
1lb Crystal 20L
1lb CaraPils
.25 Honey malt
.25 Biscuit
Mash at 152°F

.50oz Chinook FWH
.5oz Centennial 30min
.5oz Amarillo 15min
1oz Cascade Reduce temp to less than 180°F steep for 30 min
1oz Cascade dry hop

90 min. boil. Whitbread yeast (s-04 or similar WLP/Wyeast).

I just brewed 5 gallons, so by my cyphering that brings it to:

10 (from riclark) + 5 + 380 = 395

I made 10 gallons a couple months ago. 5 gallons is in a keg and 5 gallons is in bottles. SWMBO loves it (me too, of course). So unless I'm mistaken, this brings the total to....

I've done two 5 gallon batches. Making the total 455.

I won't be making it again till I get set up for 10 gallon batches. It just seems such a waste to only make 5 gallons of something so delicious!

I'm brewing batch #4 this weekend!!!

BTW... I had a pretty disurbing review of batch #2 that I brewed from a co-worker today...

I gave him 2 bottles to sample last Friday and he tried one Friday. Monday morning he told me that he drank the first bottle Friday evening and thought it was among the best beers he has ever tried.... He kept going on and on about "mouth feel" and "Crisp" and stuff like that... and how he wished he had more...

Then, yesterday morning, out of the blue he told me... AND I QUOTE.... "If I had a pu77y, I'd be giving you some..."

At first I had NO idea what he was talking about... Then it hit me...

He drank the 2nd bottle of my version of Ed Worts Haus Ale.

So... what did you change?

10 gallons for me, 475

I like tis beer so much it's going to be almost exclusively served on one tap at all times, although im still fiddling with the recipe.;)

I've done 2 5 gallon batches and a 10 gallon batch that I just finished bottling so add 20 more gallons on..

Total 515

5 gallons for my first AG, another 5 a month later, and another 10 recently. Only the first batch followed the original recipe unaltered, but that's one of the best things about it - it's a perfect recipe to use as a foundation for experimentation.

Total 535

I'm hoping to do this as my first all grain. I only have a 5 gallon water cooler, will it work for this recipe?

Back