How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put up 3 gallons.

2,227 gallons!

Someone should just go ahead and fill their swimming pool with apple juice, chuck in a few bricks of dry yeast, and see what happens.

Just put on a little over one gallon today. Counting it as one.

Thread total: 2,228

Just got my third batch going. 2296 + 5 = 2301

Made this batch with Red Star Premier Cuvée yeast, since that's what I had on hand. It's supposed to be good for dry champagne, so I think it might be a good match for Apfelwein. We'll see.

98EXL,

I generally only brew in somewhat over one or somewhat over two gallon batches. I use 1 gallon jugs as secondaries, that way I can just stick a "cork" in them when they are done, saves space and cost. I also feel cider belongs in a jug. After all, they are called cider jugs. I'm really glad, too, I can't imagine filling my apartment with the smell of 5 gallons of Montrachet fermented fluids!

**From question on page 53**

2343+5=2348

I did mine "holiday style", using 2 lbs dark brown sugar, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and 2 crushed cloves. Smelled great....but damn! My kitchen floor is sticky! :)

2353 + 10 more gallons = 2363

made mine w/ cinnamon, cloves and allspice for halloween

keep on pourin' :mug:

2363 + 5 = 2368.

Had to use different yeast, as my LHBS was out of Montrachet. I tried Red Star's Pasteur Champagne. We'll see how it goes. This being my first try at Apfelwein, SWMBO was non-plussed with how much apple juice wound up in the cart at the grocery store yesterday... :)

2368 + 5 = 2373

First time. Threw it together after diner last night. That was pretty easy. Now comes the hard part, waiting!

Read here that light won't hurt it, so trying to convince my SWMBO that it makes a nice conversation piece in the dining room. What do you think?

Thanks Ed!

Apfelwein1.jpg

2373 + 5 = 2378

I'm a first timer on the Apfelwein...took about 40 minutes total yesterday from start to clean up. I used the original recipe for the first time and am looking forward to it in 4 weeks.

Back