How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no corn sugar left and the brew store is an hour each way... I want to get a second batch of this started. what difference will brown sugar make? will it just ferment away or will it leave some residual taste? Also has anyone added a bit of cinnamon to this?

15,846 + 5 = 15,851

Just started a batch last night and bottled a prior batch (already counted in the total) in champagne bottles with plastic stoppers and wire cages. My hands are KILLING me today from all of that! But, in about a month when they're nice and carbonated and ready to chill and serve, all of that effort is going to be well worth it.

15859+1=158860. Original recipe.

15860 + 3 = 15863 accidentally used 4 pounds of sugar (doh thought it was a 2 pound bag) and ended up with an insane 1.114 SG hopefully the Lavlin 1118 yeast can handle it and take it to a nice and dry .99X OG

I Just started 10 gallons. One of the carboys is the original recipe, one is using Premier Cuvee instead of Montrachet. It'll be interesting to see how the two differ.

Long time Apfelwein drinker . . . First time maker . . .:drunk:

15885+7= 15892

6 Gallons of juice
2 lbs. light brown sugar
Montrachet Wine Yeast

About 5 weeks ago I did a sample 1 gallon batch with almost 1 lb. table sugar . . . WTF was I thinking

I have 4 more EMPTY 6 gallon Carboys and Indian Summer Juice is on SALE at $3 a gallon. I see more in the near future.:rockin:

100_1567.jpg

Add 5 gallons more:D.
15894+5= 15899

It feels good too. I haven't had the wonderful rhythmic sight and sound of an active airlock in sometime.

Just started my first shot at this last night using the Colonel's original recipe.

15939 + 5 = 15944

15951. I made 7 gallons of substantially similar stuff, with 5 aging in a carboy right now. The original 2 were cyser, but the last was more faithful to the EW recipe.

Back