How many batches have you brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know where some of you people find the time to do so many brews. With a 2.5 year-old running around the place I'm lucky if I get in 1 brew a month, and with my next about to be born I reckon I'll have even less time.

Richard said:
I don't know where some of you people find the time to do so many brews. With a 2.5 year-old running around the place I'm lucky if I get in 1 brew a month, and with my next about to be born I reckon I'll have even less time.

Make friends with the 9:00pm mash-in. That's what I do. Lots of coffee the next day helps also.

I've completed 18 batches in 13 months, or 1.4 batches per month. I'm shooting for 2 per month in 2008, and I'm on target so far.

I have a 3 year old ALL Boy, and an 8 year old Miss Prissy Daughter. I feel your pain. I brew most often after the kids go to bed...some times not even getting started until 9 or later...I've seen 1 or 2 am lots of times...and the stress relief and time alone is well worth the loss of sleep...especially with 2 children.
This is partly why I started making mead 1 gallon at a time...Just because it helps quench the brew craving...and doesn't take very long.

Well I assume someday I will be brewing by myself. As of now I brew with 3 other good friends. We seem to have a pretty good set up and pattern down. We have been brewing outside in a driveway. We set up a burner, have some chairs around, throw the pot on and we are off. I think it would take longer to do everything just yourself but I would not know because I have not been there yet. With the 4 of us in a little over 3 weeks we have 3 batches going and are about to go on our 4th.

I just brewed my ninth brew, I think...I started in May of '07. Unfortunately, it got too hot here for me to brew from July through part of October, so that slows things down a bit. I'm not willing to do all the stuff I'd have to do to keep the beer cooled down during fermentation during the summer.

Wow I just realized the warm weather is coming and we are going to have to find a way to keep the beer cool enough to ferment.

We (hubby and I) have been brewing going on three years and I am just geeky enough to have counted every one. Brew #62 is Orfy's Mild and it's sitting in primary and about to be moved to secondary. Brew #63 (ESB) will be tossed on top of the mild's yeast cake.

NoClueBrew said:
Wow I just realized the warm weather is coming and we are going to have to find a way to keep the beer cool enough to ferment.

Yep...I'm here in Wisconsin and it got way too warm in my basement even! Lots of folks here put their beer in tubs of water and ice with t-shirts on the carboys and fans blowing on the whole works...keeps them cooler. So that might be an option for you. I'm gone too much in the summer for this to work well.

Bernie Brewer said:
Same here. Been brewing for at least ten years. I'm not even sure when I started. I'm old and have no memory............

LOL. I'm coming up on my fifteenth anniversary, myself. I remember when I started, but I haven't remembered much since. :drunk: :mug:

TL

BigKahuna said:
I have a 3 year old ALL Boy, and an 8 year old Miss Prissy Daughter. I feel your pain. I brew most often after the kids go to bed...some times not even getting started until 9 or later...I've seen 1 or 2 am lots of times...and the stress relief and time alone is well worth the loss of sleep...especially with 2 children.

Sounds like a good idea, and I'll probably go for it. Dunno if I can afford the loss of sleep in the next few months though...I'll already be running on empty with a new baby in the house.:drunk:

Brewed 2, will be 3 by next week. Just started brewing in January though. I don't have the bottles (or kegs, i wish) to have more than 1-2 batches done at a time right now.

I'm somewhere in the 30's I'd say though I could be conservatively estimating that. I know it's less than a hundred.

My goal is to brew every week.

Richard said:
I don't know where some of you people find the time to do so many brews. With a 2.5 year-old running around the place I'm lucky if I get in 1 brew a month

You underestimate the brewing power of DINKs. :)

Started brewing in 1985-ish. I'd guess a minimum of one batch a month with many multi batch months thrown in, particularly lately. (It gets much easier when the kids are older.)

23 years X 12 months = 276. Add in a 'multi-brew month' factor of say 1 in 4 gives another 69 for 345. Call it 350 for easy figuring. Mostly all 5 gallon batches gives 1750 gallons of beer. No wonder I got a big ass.

And I buy grapes by the ton. We won't even go there.

Ok now I got myself thinking. Geez NO freakin WONDER I got a big ass!!!

Figure 6.5 gallons per month give or take. Some one has to drink it. That means me. SWMBO enjoys my beer but is certainly a minor player in the disappearance of the goods. (Hence the disparity in our respective girths.) Lets say I consume 6 gallons of the 6.5/month. 6 gallons is 768 ounces or 25.6 ounces of beer/day. So average it out to be 2 beers per day at around 220 calories/ ounce. (I just went quickly thru my recipies and added up and devided to get a very rough number, not accounting for what I brew more frequently or less frequently.) 220 cals/ 12 ounces X 2 = an average of 440 calories a day from beer.

Great God Almighty! NO FREAKIN' WONDER I've got more chins than a chinese phone book.

Anyone got any good recipies for an Imperial water?

NoClueBrew said:
I am new to most of this brewing process and see some people have been on this website for a long time. Was just wondering how many batches all of you have brewed over time. Myself and friends just brewed #3 and we are going on #4 soon.
Just brewed batch 186 yesterday. Starting brewing around 1990, first tried it in the mid 80's. Just started brewing again Jan 1 after not brewing for 7 1/2 years. Brewed 16 batches since then.

Just a noob here, having just gotten started early in January of this year. First batch turned out pretty good, so been brewing a lot since then to try to build up that initial supply. Have brewed 8 total batches with 2 of those in the fermenter now.

Back