How many apples did you get a crush for in 2021, in gallons!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early January, froze a bushel or so of leftover apples and pressed them whole, pitched a wild yeast from a batch of wine from local grapes. Got about 3 gallons.

damn, i just was scrolling through pages to find the how many gallons 2021.....i didn't realize my attempt at humor, made it still born...

13+10=23

Damn, I searched for this one two months back. Decided to quit buying and drinking beer and go all cider this year. Been making about a gallon a week, starting around . . . . um . . . er . . . maybe March?
Estimate 23, so 23 + 23 = 46

Last edited:
It's been three weeks since I last posted so:
71 + 3 = 74

I've also made one gallon for Jack and started another last weekend. Does that count?

93lt apple cider
46lt pear cider
23lt apple Berry cider
23lt apple strawberry cider
=185lt approx 49 gal
80 + 49 = 129

- 3 gallons of weak Honeycrisp
- 3 gallons of Red Gravenstein
- Many more to go (my cousin bough land with 6 established trees on it)

3 + 3 + 137 = 143

This year was a great year for apples in Portugal. I had so many apples in my trees I didn’t know what to do with them, we eat we give to the animals and still tons falling off and going bad so for the first time I though we’ll why not make some cider. I collected around 200kg of apples which resulted in about 80 90 liters 22 or 23 gallons give or take.
I still have some trees that give apples a bit later on so I may decide to make another batch later on.
so let’s say
22 gallons (if it doesn’t go bad ) lol

All up, about 10 gallons of assorted single apple cider and blends from an overabundance of apples. It is fun tasting the difference. Scared the trees will bienially crop and not produce much next year. Wish me luck!

172 + 10 = 182

Pressed 27 gallons on October 23. Of that, 21 gallons will be used for cider.

220 + 21 = 241

6 gal strawberry cider
5 gal cherry cider
3 gal pineapple cider
6 gal apple
3 gal cranberry Apple

23 cider
143 + 23= 266

Are you guys alcoholics or commercial producers? It will take me some effort to finish the amount I made this summer. Still having some last summer's cider left.
I have 34 liters = 9 US gallons = 7.5 Imperal gallons.
About time the entire world goes metric. There is only one liter!

Are you guys alcoholics or commercial producers? It will take me some effort to finish the amount I made this summer. Still having some last summer's cider left.
I have 34 liters = 9 US gallons = 7.5 Imperal gallons.
About time the entire world goes metric. There is only one liter!
Not an alcoholic lol. Just like to entertain. In addition to the 23gal of cider made 25 gal of wine. I have 5 taps on co2 in a keezer For sparkling wine and cider plus 2 taps on argon for still wine. Had 10 folks over Sat for a tasting party.

I made 2 gallons last year, and we went through it in a few weeks. It was the first good cider I've made, so this year we dove in and have about 13 gallons to ferment. I'm going to share what I can, and drink a bunch myself, but no, I'm not an alcoholic.

2 gallons in 2021.

1 gallon is probably gonna get dumped (10 cloves is 9 too many)
1 gallon is enjoyable (because I learned my lesson and only did 1 clove)

I was going to do more, but I ended up adding honey and making cyser for my other two 1 gallon batches.

All from pasteurized apple juice in carboy jars I found at Whole Foods.

Back