How long - stainless braid - xtreme 70

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICanHazBeer

Reaction score
First post here, have been a lurker for a long time, been extract brewing for a few years. Now working on building a mash tun out of a Coleman xtreme 70qt cooler. Planning to use cooler kit from Bargain Fittings. I am not a DIY kinda guy and live in a small town with not a lot of resources. We have a Home Depot, but I just like the idea of buying what seems to be, a good kit.

The real question I have is how long should the braided steel hose be? I see Bargain Fittings also has a 10" braided hose. Is that long enough? I am going to make my own, but after seeing so many posts about "floating SS braided lines", i figured, why make it that long, if it didn't need to be...

With that cooler there is a really nice channel that *should* drain nice. Why not have the braiding just a bit longer than that channel?

Thanks for your input and experience, if going full length of the cooler is what is needed, i will deal with keep it down.

~Paul

Back