How long shall I resist???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieH

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been raised before.
I have now bottled my Wherry kit and was wondering how long I should leave before sampling?? Many thanks in advance.

If it's just bottled, 3 weeks minimum at around 70 degrees

There is no harm in taking one every week and see how the flavor is progressing, but then that's a few less awesome beers for later.

twistr25 said:
If it's just bottled, 3 weeks minimum at around 70 degrees

There is no harm in taking one every week and see how the flavor is progressing, but then that's a few less awesome beers for later.

Many thanks the bottles are stores in a box in the kitchen at around 75C but the missus is complaining as my 1 year old is using the boxes as a climbing frame.

Just as well she is on a beer free diet😉

12 weeks, MINIMUM

Everyone who asks this question cheats and opens one early so if I tell you 12 and you open one in three, it's a win-win. :ban:

75°C is 167°F - if that's the case, your bottle conditioning should take about 4 days, and your 1 year old has bigger issues than climbing on your boxes!

Looks like it's a relatively small beer ABV-wise - give it a week, try one, then try one in another week. Sample as you go, you'll learn a lot about the process of conditioning, as well as the benefits of conditioning.

Welcome to the obsession!

stevieH said:
Many thanks the bottles are stores in a box in the kitchen at around 75C but the missus is complaining as my 1 year old is using the boxes as a climbing frame.

Just as well she is on a beer free dietdde09

Back