How long is sanibrew good for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globell

Reaction score
Package states 3g/L.
Sanibrew/diversol

Once mixed, how long is it active/effective for?

I am not familiar with that product or how long it will last. A quick search online didn't give any help.

But for sanitizing I would suggest you switch to Starsan. It is a true sanitizer and makes no claim to be a cleanser. To me it is better to buy one product that is made for cleaning and another that is made for sanitizing. If something is said to do both it usually does each part poorly. Starsan is a very popular product and will last a long time. You can check the pH and if it is below 3.0 it is still good. You can re-use it until it is dirty or the pH climbs. I have a bottle that was 16 ounces that I bought about 6 years ago for about $15, it is now about $18 I have one ounce left that will make 5 gallons and that should last another few months.

In the mean time I would err on the short side for the Sanibrew.

sanibrew/bdiversol or the pink stuff (called different things in different places it seems)

and thanks

Back