How long is fermentation temp a big issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is some info on the dimensions of that Magic Chef refrigerator with some pictures in the link. Hope this helps.

The internal measurements are about 28 1/2" height, 16" width and about 18" deep. By cutting the door divider a little, I added about 2" to the depth or a total of about 20" which I needed for the top of my SS Brewtech 7 gallon fermenter.

You do then lose a little of this internal space with the back shelf for the compressor. This measure about 8" high by 6" deep and goes across the full 16" width of the refrigerator. Again there is no freezer compartment taking up valuable space.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/nice-mini-refrigerator-for-180.675417/#post-8789248
not to hijack the thread, but those dimensions look like it would accommodate a 6-gal Better Bottle carboy fermentor which is 19" high (plus maybe 2-3" more for a blowoff tube) and 11.5" diameter. is there 11.5" clear between the face of the compressor bump-out and the inside of the door? if not, and I needed to build a riser the same height as the bump-out, I don't think the carboy plus blowoff tube would fit height-wise. am I right? thanks!

not to hijack the thread, but those dimensions look like it would accommodate a 6-gal Better Bottle carboy fermentor which is 19" high (plus maybe 2-3" more for a blowoff tube) and 11.5" diameter. is there 11.5" clear between the face of the compressor bump-out and the inside of the door? if not, and I needed to build a riser the same height as the bump-out, I don't think the carboy plus blowoff tube would fit height-wise. am I right? thanks!

There is definitely 11.5" of depth between the compressor bump-out and the closed door (closer to 12.5") although you will need to cut the door divider a little (will take about a minute). I use a blow-off tube on my SS Brewtech fermenter and set the Star San container in the back on top of the compressor bump-out. I then do a pressure transfer to my keg and then cold crash in the same refrigerator.

There is definitely 11.5" of depth between the compressor bump-out and the closed door (closer to 12.5") although you will need to cut the door divider a little (will take about a minute). I use a blow-off tube on my SS Brewtech fermenter and set the Star San container in the back on top of the compressor bump-out. I then do a pressure transfer to my keg and then cold crash in the same refrigerator.
thanks!!

Ken

Here's another inexpensive option that gives precise control. If you already have the inkbird you're looking at $70 more to have this system. I lager with mine down to the low 50's. I'd rather have control like this than spend the same $70 on a Cool Bag that doesn't have precise control.
https://ballandkeg.com/temperature-control-loop.php

Here's another inexpensive option that gives precise control. If you already have the inkbird you're looking at $70 more to have this system. I lager with mine down to the low 50's. I'd rather have control like this than spend the same $70 on a Cool Bag that doesn't have precise control.

neat system! which model inkbird, and what kind of recirc pump do you use?
thanks

Back