how long in primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
Do i wait until there's no activity in the air lock like beer making before i put it in the secondary?

First batch of wine making. It was a kit i won at my brew club meeting. I followed the directions, but its been in the primary bucket for a few days longer than the directions suggested? So do i just wait until it stops bubbling before i put it in the secondary?

it's a Vignior, it's been in there for 10 days and still activity.

thanks!

Transfer the wine... you'll be good. You actually will be transferring before fermentation is complete, so expect more bubbling in the secondary as well. Typically, I'll transfer once my wine hits an SG of 1.020 or lower. This can take anywhere from 5-8 days depending on the temps where you're fermenting. Just stick to that schedule they gave you and you'll be fine.

ok thanks! tomorrow i'll transfer it then. i was starting to wonder how much longer to wait.

Back