How long does it take a bottle of beer to warm up from the fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NotALamer

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all, I'm wondering how long most people let a beer warm up from the fridge before they pour it. Bonus points for different sized bottles.

It depends on where you shove the bottle. :D

Hmmm... well, depends on what kind of beer it is. I generally pour it right away and let it sit in the glass until it gets to the temperature I want.

Yeah I do that sometimes but I figure it's better to leave it in the bottle to keep it carbonated and away from oxygen.

I don't think oxygenation is a concern from bottle to glass. I usually pour right from the fridge then let it warm up in the glass. I also enjoy tasting from the fridge through warmup and when it's warm as apposed to letting it warm to 40-55 degrees and then drinking. It's nice to notice the flavors as they come out.

NotALamer - BTW What part of Ohio?

I don't think you have to worry about oxidation for the period of time it's going to be in the glass.

I guess the bottom line is the time you wait for it to warm up just depends on how cold it is and how much warmer you want it to be, really.

Just pour it. Oxygen doesn't matter once you are about to drink it. Carbonation is variable. What kind of beer? Some need more carbing and some less.

I don't pour first and wait. I'd say I take the bottle out of the bottle 25-30 minutes early on average, but it varies. Your fridge cycles, your room temp varies, different styles require different temps, etc. But typically, it takes me close to half an hour to get to 50+ degrees.

It all depends on your ambient air temperature, the cooler your house the longer it takes.

I usually let my 12, 22 oz sit for about 10 minutes. .5ltr sit for 20. However, it depends on the beer. If it is a weizen, blonde, Kolsch, etc, I pour em right out of the fridge, everything else gets a warm up period.

I usually pour right from the fridge then let it warm up in the glass. I also enjoy tasting from the fridge through warmup and when it's warm as apposed to letting it warm to 40-55 degrees and then drinking. It's nice to notice the flavors as they come out.

Same for me. Its nice to see (taste) the flavors blossom as the beer hit prime temp, makes the last sip the best

I feel like I'm wasting good beer if I drink it when it's too cold to taste. Why bother drinking a Chimay at 36 degrees if I could drink a GLBC Dortmunder for 1/3rd the price, and barely notice the difference.

Back