How does this session ipa look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthew_reagor

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405294827.664304.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1405294848.762645.jpg

It's basically the centennial blond recipe that's beefed up to a SG of 1.050 and dumping 45 IBUs in it. A

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I brewed it already as is. Normally I get about 60-65% efficiency, so it was going to be a smaller beer. This time I got 70%. Not sure what happened, but I'm not too upset about it. So that's why there is that much carapills.

It is my opinion that there is no use of throwing hops in in between 44-20 minutes EOB... Either make them bittering hops of push them forward and make them shine with more aroma/taste. Read up on Hop Bursting and such...

I utilized the bulk of my hops at 35 & 25 to get flavor and bitterness. I do want to try hop bursting, but all late hop additions seem kinda expensive.

I would have suggested more 0 minute hops. Not sure what you're dry hopping with, but I'd suggest >2-3 oz per 5 gal. You really want that hop flavor and aroma to come through, since the beer itself will lack a lot of character (low ABV, low specialty malt, etc).

i would just do FWH and late hop additions (15, 10, 5, 0).

Also id try to aim for SRM of around 7.

Thanks guys! I'm gonna give that a go on the next batch. I'm going to try and Dryhop with an ounce of cascade, 1/2 citra, 1/2 spalt.

Those are what I have in the freezer, so that's the plan for now.

Changed my mind to dry hopping 1oz cascade 1 oz simco 1/2 spalt.

Back